MSI does't install

Discussion of all things related to the MOTU Symphonic Instrument.

Moderator: James Steele

gsopera
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

MSI does't install

Post by gsopera »

Hi to all,
I've a problem with MSI.exe (also the new release) that i can't install. I drag MSI.dat as manual tell, after change disk I click on Install MSI icon; it begin to little control, licenze to accept, ask if I want installation complete or different modules (I choose complete but I tried also with only Vst) and when I click on Next for initate the installation the windows close immediatly and nothing install.
When I had old hard disk (I changed because it was broken) Motu worked very well, the difference is that now I have always Windows XP but not SP2, I have SP3. Why the install doesn't start?
I've tried also to uninstall sp3 and try to install motu with windows sp2 but without result, the install tel me "searching for installing components" and after one ot two second it close and nothing appens; i tried also with new release SetupMSI_1.1.2.exe but it's the same!!!! I tried close windows firewall but nothing change.

help me please!

Today I installed like standalone and DXi, when I try like VST (that I need it for Cubase SX3) I have the following error:

AppName: setupmsi_1.1.2.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: vise32ex.dll
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 0005c01f

which is the problem?
Karadoc

Re: MSI does't install

Post by Karadoc »

Well it seems I have exactly the same problem. What's strange is that I already installed MOTU SI several times, without any problem. But now, it simply exits after the scan. I do not know what to do.
oldecuriosity
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by oldecuriosity »

karadoc,

Are you on a PC or Mac? I can probably help if you're on the latter.

DP 11
iMac M1 (24-inch, 2021) 16GB RAM
OS X 11.6.2
Karadoc

Post by Karadoc »

I'm on XP SP3.