fixing error -39?

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
mugtorte
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

fixing error -39?

Post by mugtorte »

a few of my much needed sessions from 5.13 open up in DP 6 with error-39

any suggestions ?
martian

Post by martian »

suggest you search for error -39 on here...

:wink:
macpro 3 gig - 5 Gig RAM 10.6.3 Motu 2408 mk 2 Mackie HUI DP 7.21 intel imac 3 gig ram traveller OS 10.6.3

http://www.fork-media.com
mugtorte

Post by mugtorte »

fair enough- but my two searches proved unfruitful. however, i did read a great little fight string between a European (member) and American (admin) so not all was lost. i'll give it another go. i appreciate your most enlightened guidance-stay golden
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

mugtorte wrote:fair enough- but my two searches proved unfruitful. however, i did read a great little fight string between a European (member) and American (admin) so not all was lost. i'll give it another go. i appreciate your most enlightened guidance-stay golden
Try putting the search terms in quotes "error 39" also try "error -39" and use both qualifiers (search for all terms, etc). You'll have more than you'll want!
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
mugtorte

Post by mugtorte »

mmm? i find zero info thats useful and my time will be better served reworking the session in a new file and move from there. This is the first hiccup in three weeks with DP6... i feel dark and unwanted surprises are going to start showing up- got 5.13 ready and on deck.
martian

Post by martian »

o now I feel rotten - can't believe you didn't find it...

try load sequence? make sure audio is set to copy on losd in prefs...

thsi topic comes up so often I cant believe it's not a sticky

( and has been around for almost 10 years... )

No wonder people say this forum is not professional as DUC or nuendo.

no known issues? it's all about kissing the ass of the unicorn...

well one day the unicorn realises it's naked - and the points are poeple pointing

ooops mixed my metaphors.
macpro 3 gig - 5 Gig RAM 10.6.3 Motu 2408 mk 2 Mackie HUI DP 7.21 intel imac 3 gig ram traveller OS 10.6.3

martian

Post by martian »

how about from the mouth of the unicorn

DP4 onwards DP has tendency to corrupt the fork resources of SD2 files - resulting in an error -39 = the workaround as stated is to use thye load command

DP5. 11 LOAD command will result in the lose of sound bite gain information on session of a certainsize and complexity - work around use copy and paste between sessions.

DP 5.13 - After introduction of fluttering streameers the quick time playback offset not remembered on close of session - the offset is displayed but not actually used - you need to reset it each time by entering incorrect value - then re-opening and entering correct value.

DP 6.0 sound bite names are not clearly displayed - as new truncating would rather display 2 hashes than any usable characters if the length of clip is too short for that particular zoom - work around - zoom in....

martian

Post by martian »

error -39 sometimes can be circumvented by moving audio files to trash

MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

martian wrote:o now I feel rotten - can't believe you didn't find it...
Ease your conscience man, I doubt anyone read thru all those posts.
Last edited by MIDI Life Crisis on Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
martian

Post by martian »

Have they fixed the pitchbend drawing bug, which makes it impossible to draw values below -8064 or above 8064?

Matcher:

As far as I know, the short answer is "not really".

On first try, the upper and lower limits are still +/- 8064.

One can draw below the lower window frame (????) and the lowest possible limit will be on first draw -8064.

The Event list will let you type in numbers from +8191 to -8192. You may also edit the GE to these extremes beyond +/- 8064.

another "known" issue... is there any way that these can be put into a sticky - would perhaps make it easier for MOTU to recognise - if there was a sticky - or a wiki - that had known issues in such as these