Online Music Archive is back

Discussions about composing, arranging, orchestration, songwriting, theory, etc...

Moderators: Frodo, FMiguelez, MIDI Life Crisis

Forum rules
Discussions about composing, arranging, orchestration, songwriting, theory and the art of creating music in all forms from orchestral film scores to pop/rock.
chunkdz
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Online Music Archive is back

Post by chunkdz »

The imslp website has returned. I guess they got their legal issues straightened out.

http://imslp.org/wiki/Main_Page
Last edited by chunkdz on Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
8 Core 2.8
DP 5.1.3
M5 II
chunkdz

Post by chunkdz »

edit
Last edited by chunkdz on Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
8 Core 2.8
DP 5.1.3
M5 II
James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: Online Music Archive

Post by James Steele »

chunkdz wrote:Free downloads, great looking scores in PDF format, a little limited in selection, but very easy to use and always growing.

http://www.icking-music-archive.org/ByComposer.php
Assure me that this is all legal before I have to delete this thread, okay?
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Tritonemusic

Post by Tritonemusic »

This is all I could find on the website:
The copyright of the archive

The archive contains "free" sheet music, free for non-commercial usage. This means that you may download the files and print paper copies, but neither the files nor the paper copies may be sold. You are not allowed to distribute digital copies of these editions to other web archives, either in the existing format or any other derived format without the explicit consent of the Icking Archive editors. The right to print the music does not automatically imply the right for public performance; that right is regulated by applicable copyright legislation. Such legislation holds that the copyright on the music itself remains in force until 70 years after the composer's death
DP 10.13, OS 13.6, iMac Pro (2017) 3.2 GHz 8-Core, 32 GB RAM, MOTU M4
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

Welcome to the International Music Score Library Project! IMSLP attempts to create a virtual library containing all public domain musical scores, as well as scores from composers who are willing to share their music with the world without charge.
I think the above should alleviate any concerns.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

HCMarkus wrote:
Welcome to the International Music Score Library Project! IMSLP attempts to create a virtual library containing all public domain musical scores, as well as scores from composers who are willing to share their music with the world without charge.
I think the above should alleviate any concerns.
Whew! Well that's good.

Hey Michael? You want to share your music with the world without charge? Hehehe... what's your lawyer say? :D :D
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

James Steele wrote:
Hey Michael? You want to share your music with the world without charge? Hehehe... what's your lawyer say? :D :D
You talkin' to ME? Are you talking to ME?! :)
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS