The Longest, Most Inconsistently-Off-Topic Thread in History

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
monkey man
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: The Longest, Most Inconsistently-Off-Topic Thread in His

Post by monkey man »

terrybritton wrote:I need some app to handle my postfabulations also - I hope that is in the pipeline.
Postfabulations are difficult to model in the 8-bit-digital domain, Terry, and it's been a pet pooject of MLI for some years now, but TBH postfabulations as well as postfangulations are nearly-impossible to pooject as they, by-definition, violate temporal laws.

Development of a hardware version, such as the Legislation Prefabulator™ and Debunkulating Reconfabulator™ are, poses even-greater challenges. I don't like to say "never" as CEO and Grand Poobah of an innovative company such as MLI, but in this instance I'm tempted...
terrybritton wrote:
monkey man wrote:
bayswater wrote:That libellous. Or is it slander? (Does MonkeyLabs have an app to tell the difference?) Anyway, I'm in my mother's garage.
No need to sweat it, Stoivo; just make your own laws with the MonkeyLabs Legislation Prefabulator™. Legislate on-the-fly, brother.
Will I still need to confabulate manually, or will your Legislation Prefabulator™ handle confabulations as well? That would be a fabulous feature to add if it doesn't already.
It'd be a great feature, sure, but it'd affect Debunkulating Reconfabulator™ sales. MLI would prefer you ran both of them.

So, once your legislation is prefabulated, confabulate, if necessary, using the ever-poopular MonkeyLabs Debunkulating Reconfabulator™. Done! :dance:

Thank you for your business, Tezza. I may now be able to afford the hemp-fibre strings I've hankered after for months for my BarfRinger (Behringer to the ill-informed) El Torro Strat.

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

Glad to see you around these parts again, Master Monkey. Silly question: Why can't you just bypass the VPN when you want to log in to these here parts? BTW, the Opera browser has a free VPN server if you need one. Not sure I'd trust it with my state secrets, though.
828x MacOS 13.6.6 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
terrybritton
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by terrybritton »

monkey man wrote:It'd be a great feature, sure, but it'd affect Debunkulating Reconfabulator™ sales. MLI would prefer you ran both of them.

So, once your legislation is prefabulated, confabulate, if necessary, using the ever-poopular MonkeyLabs Debunkulating Reconfabulator™. Done! :dance:

Thank you for your business, Tezza. I may now be able to afford the hemp-fibre strings I've hankered after for months for my BarfRinger (Behringer to the ill-informed) El Torro Strat.
Can I still pay in bananas? I'm fresh out of cash.

Terry
Computer: Sweetwater CS400v7 Intel Core i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz | 64Gigs RAM | Windows 11 Pro x64 |
MOTU 828 mk3 hybrid

DAWs & Live: MOTU Digital Performer 11.31 | Cantabile Performer 4
Keyboard Synths: Kawai K5000s, Korg Wavestation
Controllers: NI Komplete Kontrol S-88 Mk3 & S-49 Mk2; Maschine Mk3 & JAM;
Akai MPK249 & 225, Alesis QX49, Behringer BCF2000 & FCB1010
Rack Modules: Ensoniq ESQm, Yamaha TX81Z, Wavestation SR

Tutorials: https://youtube.com/@CreatorsMediaTools
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

Hmm... I'll have to check with the hemp-fibre string maker, Tez. Wish me luck; he's usually out-of-it.

I told him, "Use Sativa for fibre, you fool!", but would he listen to me? Maybe, but he didn't understand me, so Indica it is. Poor fool.

Maybe I could just tell him the bananas are a new currency celebrating Jungleville's days of yore?
cuttime wrote:Glad to see you around these parts again, Master Monkey. Silly question: Why can't you just bypass the VPN when you want to log in to these here parts? BTW, the Opera browser has a free VPN server if you need one. Not sure I'd trust it with my state secrets, though.
That's what I've done on the few occasions I've been here these past few years, mate.

Typically I'd take the opportunity after a reboot before I reactivate Care-free Mode™, but as I don't reboot often these days, especially seeing as I'm still(!) not running any audio software, opportunities have been few-and-far-between.

Good to see you're still kicking goals here, man.
Last edited by monkey man on Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

billf

Post by billf »

monkey man wrote:I'm deemed a spammer again
It's the first step in evolution. Next you'll become a bot, and after that, an AI monkey.
MacPro5,1 2012, six core 2 x 3.06, 10.12.5, Digital Performer 9.13, 40 gb ram, 828mkIII, 2408 mkII, MTP AV, Logic Pro X 10.3.1, Studio One v 3.2, Pro Tools 12.7.1
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

Well, this AI monkey's been deemed a spammer again. D'Oh! :banghead:

Created a tiny window through which to quickly let y'all know. I knew I shouldn't have got my hopes up. At least I got a few days out of it this time; it was just like old times. Loved it. :headbang:

Billy, fantastic to see you're still here, brother. :love:

bayswater

Post by bayswater »

monkey man wrote:Well, this AI monkey's been deemed a spammer again. D'Oh! :banghead:

Created a tiny window through which to quickly let y'all know. I knew I shouldn't have got my hopes up. At least I got a few days out of it this time; it was just like old times. Loved it. :headbang:

Billy, fantastic to see you're still here, brother. :love:
Can't you turn the VPN off when you come here? We won't tell.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

Call me lazy, Stoivo, but I'm gonna quote myself:
monkey man wrote:
cuttime wrote:Glad to see you around these parts again, Master Monkey. Silly question: Why can't you just bypass the VPN when you want to log in to these here parts? BTW, the Opera browser has a free VPN server if you need one. Not sure I'd trust it with my state secrets, though.
That's what I've done on the few occasions I've been here these past few years, mate.

Typically I'd take the opportunity after a reboot before I reactivate Care-free Mode™, but as I don't reboot often these days, especially seeing as I'm still(!) not running any audio software, opportunities have been few-and-far-between.

billf

Post by billf »

monkey man wrote:Billy, fantastic to see you're still here, brother. :love:
Hey Nicky, great to hear from you, albeit through the Monkey Spam AI maze!
MacPro5,1 2012, six core 2 x 3.06, 10.12.5, Digital Performer 9.13, 40 gb ram, 828mkIII, 2408 mkII, MTP AV, Logic Pro X 10.3.1, Studio One v 3.2, Pro Tools 12.7.1
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

Indeed, Billy!

Hey man, MLI owes you at least two E-Steamed Grand Poobah of Pooparazzi™ awards AFAICR - this year's (congratulations!) and last year's.

I'll get rid of the trophies... I mean, pass them on to you, as soon as you're able to upload / link to suitable images of them. I've given up on images in some forums for the time being (here and Rig Talk for instance); it's too hit-and-miss for a luddite like me.

terrybritton
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by terrybritton »

monkey man wrote:
terrybritton wrote:I need some app to handle my postfabulations also - I hope that is in the pipeline.
Postfabulations are difficult to model in the 8-bit-digital domain, Terry, and it's been a pet pooject of MLI for some years now, but TBH postfabulations as well as postfangulations are nearly-impossible to pooject as they, by-definition, violate temporal laws.

Development of a hardware version, such as the Legislation Prefabulator™ and Debunkulating Reconfabulator™ are, poses even-greater challenges. I don't like to say "never" as CEO and Grand Poobah of an innovative company such as MLI, but in this instance I'm tempted...

It'd be a great feature, sure, but it'd affect Debunkulating Reconfabulator™ sales. MLI would prefer you ran both of them.

On Ebay I just purchased a copy of MOTU Performer 3.21 to replace my pirated copy that the store where I'd purchased my Mac Plus had installed. (Using a Multi-Finder trick to get around the authorization and copy-protection...) Finally, I'm legal!!!

In the box were, mysteriously, licenses for BOTH Monkey Lab's Legislation Prefabulator™ AND the Debunkulating Reconfabulator™! I didn't realize the tech was that old!

My question now is: Can I still download the software and use these licenses??? (If I can, I realize I've saved over $100,000! The MOTU floppies were only $7 after the bidding closed.)

Terry

[Note - I only found out the other day that what they'd done with Multi-Finder wasn't "right".]
Computer: Sweetwater CS400v7 Intel Core i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz | 64Gigs RAM | Windows 11 Pro x64 |
MOTU 828 mk3 hybrid

DAWs & Live: MOTU Digital Performer 11.31 | Cantabile Performer 4
Keyboard Synths: Kawai K5000s, Korg Wavestation
Controllers: NI Komplete Kontrol S-88 Mk3 & S-49 Mk2; Maschine Mk3 & JAM;
Akai MPK249 & 225, Alesis QX49, Behringer BCF2000 & FCB1010
Rack Modules: Ensoniq ESQm, Yamaha TX81Z, Wavestation SR

Tutorials: https://youtube.com/@CreatorsMediaTools
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

terrybritton wrote:On Ebay I just purchased a copy of MOTU Performer 3.21 to replace my pirated copy that the store where I'd purchased my Mac Plus had installed. (Using a Multi-Finder trick to get around the authorization and copy-protection...) Finally, I'm legal!!!
Congrats, brother. :headbang:
terrybritton wrote:In the box were, mysteriously, licenses for BOTH Monkey Lab's Legislation Prefabulator™ AND the Debunkulating Reconfabulator™! I didn't realize the tech was that old!
It's not. The licenses were prefabulated post-debunkulation; the hardware units hit the streets 10 years later.
terrybritton wrote:My question now is: Can I still download the software and use these licenses???
Both the MonkeyLabs Legislation Prefabulator™ and the MonkeyLabs Debunkulating Reconfabulator™ are hardware units, Tez, as evidenced by their categorisation in the MLI quarterly product updates and the following statement a few posts back by the CEO:
monkey man wrote:

Now, digital licences are activated on the hardware via SCSI and proprietary software, so you'll need to contact MLI for a rigorous assessment of your eligibility for downloading the app. Also, you'll need to find a way to accommodate the SCSI interfacing. Some have bought EMU EIV samplers because MOTU implemented a sample-sharing option that supported the EMUs in later versions of DP, hoping that the company might one day decide to port the feature back to a non-audio Performer version. If and when the option finds its way back to your version of Performer, and provided you're running the proprietary licensing app in-parallel, communification will occur with the hardware units thusly:

MLI Proprietary-Licensing App™ <-> Performer v3 or earlier <-> MIDI interface <-> EMU EIV sampler <-> SCSI cable <-> MLI hardware.

Easy, peasy.
terrybritton wrote:(If I can, I realize I've saved over $100,000! The MOTU floppies were only $7 after the bidding closed.)
The BarfRinger El Torro Strat still hungers for those hemp strings. Gotta find a way to extract some of that moolah from your hip pocket, my cashed-up brother. :?

Fact:
MOTU did support sample importation from EMU EIV samplers into DP back in the day.

cuttime

Post by cuttime »

828x MacOS 13.6.6 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

Rockwell is a bunch of charlatans and it stains the good name of innovative bodies such as MLI.

Still, I'll give credit where it's due; it thought of the Encabulator concept before my team or I did. :?

bayswater

Post by bayswater »

I just bought a CV Max with aluminum brackets. I could have had this instead. Nutz.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8