The Longest, Most Inconsistently-Off-Topic Thread in History

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
Bill OC

Post by Bill OC »

I think I scared everyone away. :oops:

It's O.K... I'm sane and peace-loving.
jlaudon
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by jlaudon »

I realize by posting this, I will be getting emails for the next 10 years telling me every time someone posts something. It's good for my self esteem - i can tell people that I get a lot of real emails. Now about that spam, i got an interesting email from Nigeria today (no millions of $ were mentioned!). Here it is (the funny thing is I don't have a web site yet...):

Dear Sir ,

We got your contact through your website and we are very glad to make some enquiry from you regarding waxing and releasing of records both CD , DVD, AUDIO AND VIDEO CD and TAPES in your recording studio . Also to know from you if you could mix some sound track for us .

We are music promoter here in Nigeria and almost best Nigerians musician we sponsor but the prblem there is the some of these studio have disappointed us in many ways that is why the Borad of Directors Now decided that we should look for a good recording studio outside Nigeria to work and be partnership with so that we can have the best recording sound and clear video .

Therefore , we want to know the procedure and requirement on how to use your studio and also make you aspect the whole musician to come over there or we should just come with the DEMO only .?

Hoping to hear from you soonest and kindly send your mobile phone number to us so that we can discuss more .

Thanks

Oscar xxxxx

YISCO INTER-BIZ LTD
LAGOS-NIGER

Anyone interested in emailing this guy to see what happens?
MacBook Pro 2021 (M1 Ultra) with 64 gigs RAM. DP 11.23
kassonica

Post by kassonica »

I wouldn't if I were anyone.

All art is quite useless (Oscar Wilde)
Creativity, some digital stuff and analogue things that go boom. crackle, bits of wood with strings on them that go twang
Bill OC

Post by Bill OC »

Write back and tell 'em you don't do waxing--only waning. :wink:
jlaudon

Post by jlaudon »

Bill OC wrote:Write back and tell 'em you don't do waxing--only waning. :wink:

8) 8) 8) 8)

I've always wondered about what's really behind these Nigerian emails - what are they really looking for - I mean the emails are so extreme (I need you to help me deposit $925,000,000 US...) that even gullible people like me can figure out there's something up :wink:
MacBook Pro 2021 (M1 Ultra) with 64 gigs RAM. DP 11.23
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

That's the spirit, 'Cornies! Perfect. :cool:

Man, it's raining, cold and the only firewood I've got is useless as it's too dense to burn in a sustained fasion in my little canara. :sad:
On the plus side, the lawn's seen a major injection of nutrients in the form of the daily ash that I spread over it.
I can hear the blades of grass praying now:
"Give us this day our daily ash, and forgive those who tread on us...". :lol:

The rain should water it in nicely, methinks.
This'll be the only feed said lawn has received for at least 20 years, AFAIK, so it'll be interesting... no, riveting, inspiring and fascinating to learn how it responds. :lol:

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
kassonica

Post by kassonica »

Anyone ever wonder why rain only falls :?:
Creativity, some digital stuff and analogue things that go boom. crackle, bits of wood with strings on them that go twang
Bill OC

Post by Bill OC »

kassonica wrote:Anyone ever wonder why rain only falls :?:
Your post lacks gravitas.
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

LOL! Good one, Bill. :lol:

The gravity of what he said had me gushing though...

Tomrabbit

Post by Tomrabbit »

Gravity, it's not just a good idea, it's the law. :D
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

Speaking of the law, I hope that iguana (is it? A female maybe?) is smoking outside; it's not allowed indoors, in a vehicle, at shopping malls, at cinemas, restaurants, pubs, nightclubs... just about anywhere you might want to be.
I've heard it's still allowed in gutters, sewers and on the summit of mount Everest though.

Ever needed a good reason to scale said mountain? Now we all have it. :D

monkey man

Post by monkey man »

Not to get OT or anything, but I thought I'd give y'all a heads-up:

We have the latest-build, public beta trolls in our midst; you might want to tread lightly.
At last! I said a week ago that we were overdue for a genuine visitation, and... it's here!

Yay! Have fun, 'Cornies... I mean, tread lightly. :lol:

Tomrabbit

Post by Tomrabbit »

Hey Monkey Man, it's a female Ig, yea. And she's smoking in a Photoshop window, is that legal? And she has minor scales on her face. :D

I always love your posts MM, you have a great sense of humor. Thanks. I've gotten many tips from you as well as from the others. I've never posted much, since I've always found answers somewhere here. Thanks all! I just wanted to get in the mix a little.

To stay on topic here...... Speaking of guitar strings, why doesn't anybody carry Ernie Ball Individual Strings any more? ( the single strings, not the sets )

Tom
Last edited by Tomrabbit on Sat May 17, 2008 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
twistedtom

Post by twistedtom »

Well now what have we got here? Looks like a bunch of crazy Shtt. I will have to get into it.
There I did my part.
Mac Pro 2.8G 8 core,16G ram, 500GB SSD, 2x2TB HD.s 3TB HD, Extn Backup HDs,Nvd 8800 & ATI 5770 video cards,DP8 on OS 10.6.8 and OS 10.8; MOTU 424PCIe, MOTU 2408; Micro express. Video editing deck on firewire, a bunch of plug-ins and VI's.Including; MX3 and M5-3. FCP, Adobe Production Bundle CS6. PCM88mx, some vintage synths linked by MIDI. Mackie 16-4 is my main mixers
, kelsey and Yamaha mixers, Rack of gear. Guitars, piano, PA and more stuff.
twistedtom

Post by twistedtom »

Yes I think so the last time I was in the music store that is what they sold. I use DR's myself.
Mac Pro 2.8G 8 core,16G ram, 500GB SSD, 2x2TB HD.s 3TB HD, Extn Backup HDs,Nvd 8800 & ATI 5770 video cards,DP8 on OS 10.6.8 and OS 10.8; MOTU 424PCIe, MOTU 2408; Micro express. Video editing deck on firewire, a bunch of plug-ins and VI's.Including; MX3 and M5-3. FCP, Adobe Production Bundle CS6. PCM88mx, some vintage synths linked by MIDI. Mackie 16-4 is my main mixers
, kelsey and Yamaha mixers, Rack of gear. Guitars, piano, PA and more stuff.