The Longest, Most Inconsistently-Off-Topic Thread in History

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: The Longest, Most Inconsistently-Off-Topic Thread in His

Post by bayswater »

monkey man wrote:
bayswater wrote:
monkey man wrote:MonkeyLabs Virtual 8Bit BS Detector™ software for Monkey OS v1.1 or later
Here in Vancouver we we're hoping for an update to the Two-Bit BS Detector in time for our upcoming mayoralty election.
You should be able to get away with a 1-bit detector running back-of-napkin software in such situations, Stoivo. Just sayin'.

The MLI Virtual 8Bit BS Detector's refined-enough to be able to weed out trolls after they utter a mere few words, which isn't bad for software IMHO...
Our best hardware here is the dashboard on the turnip wagon that comes over the Rockies in the spring, and it won't do the 8bit. Napkins it is. Also good when the poo flinging starts.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

Oh yeah, Stoivo!

Some cutting-hedge hardware in the ol' turnip-wagon dashboards.

Just remember that if you run out of napkins, there's always the MLI KleanUp Expressions Pak™ to help get you through. Nothing like fully-licensed expletives to accompany a cleanup job...

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

monkey man wrote:Nothing like fully-licensed expletives to accompany a cleanup job...
Perfect for an election or a night out in the Great White North.
terrybritton
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by terrybritton »

I am just curious whether any of this used technology from my Wind-Up Finger-Wagging novelty item (Patent Pending) or its Solar Powered derivative (which I just thought of). If so, bring your Iconoclastic Infinite-Dibulums with you to court (when and if you show up), and remember -- I like chocolate-banana shakes best!!!

(It is more work defending my ideas in court than it is coming up with them, gosh-darn-it! Jumping Jehoshaphats!)

Terry
Computer: Sweetwater CS400v7 Intel Core i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz | 64Gigs RAM | Windows 11 Pro x64 |
MOTU 828 mk3 hybrid

DAWs & Live: MOTU Digital Performer 11.31 | Cantabile Performer 4
Keyboard Synths: Kawai K5000s, Korg Wavestation
Controllers: NI Komplete Kontrol S-88 Mk3 & S-49 Mk2; Maschine Mk3 & JAM;
Akai MPK249 & 225, Alesis QX49, Behringer BCF2000 & FCB1010
Rack Modules: Ensoniq ESQm, Yamaha TX81Z, Wavestation SR

Tutorials: https://youtube.com/@CreatorsMediaTools
terrybritton

Post by terrybritton »

BTW - I did make another thread to express how brilliant that list of innovations seemed to me, but it apparently has been removed (presumably by the Russians or some guy sitting on his bed in his bedroom in New Jersey) for plugging my Temporal Residue De-Digitizer units (which I use myself) for use when one has too much time on one's hands. (Gucky time!!! I hate that!!!!)

THIS IS NOT A PLUG!!! (Entered to keep this post from being removed by the same nefarious party, or parties in case it is a conspiracy.)

In that thread I did lavish praise to the high-heavens and to the utmost and to the on-high and beyond, but as this thread requires I be inconsistently off-topic, I am being as inconsistent as I can. Great Caesar's Ghost, that was good! Dag Nab It if I hadn't thought of most of those ideas myself in a frightful night of technicolor fits! Now I cannot shake the feeling or the thought of it. (Chocolate-Banana.)

Terry
Computer: Sweetwater CS400v7 Intel Core i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz | 64Gigs RAM | Windows 11 Pro x64 |
MOTU 828 mk3 hybrid

bayswater

Post by bayswater »

terrybritton wrote:some guy sitting on his bed in his bedroom in New Jersey
That libellous. Or is it slander? (Does MonkeyLabs have an app to tell the difference?) Anyway, I'm in my mother's garage.
terrybritton

Post by terrybritton »

bayswater wrote:
That libellous. Or is it slander? (Does MonkeyLabs have an app to tell the difference?) Anyway, I'm in my mother's garage.
You just WAIT till I tell Bays that you hijacked his post! You're in BIG trouble now! :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil:

Terry
MOTU 828 mk3 hybrid

monkey man

Post by monkey man »

bayswater wrote:
No need to sweat it, Stoivo; just make your own laws with the MonkeyLabs Legislation Prefabulator™. Legislate on-the-fly, brother.

For some reason I was able to log in today. As I'm sure I've mentioned before, this has only been possible on two or three occasions these past several years as my VPN causes the MOTUNation sentry to tell me to "go away, spammer". Not today, 'though.

Every time this happens I get excited and then become hugely-disappointed when 24 hours later I'm deemed a spammer again, so I'll try to keep a lid on it. Always-exciting, 'though, the prospect of being able to hang with mah 'Cornie bruthas again...

bayswater

Post by bayswater »

monkey man wrote:For some reason I was able to log in today. As I'm sure I've mentioned before, this has only been possible on two or three occasions these past several years as my VPN causes the MOTUNation sentry to tell me to "go away, spammer". Not today, 'though.

Every time this happens I get excited and then become hugely-disappointed when 24 hours later I'm deemed a spammer again, so I'll try to keep a lid on it.
I was wondering why you don't appear more often.

Maybe you're using a VPN service favoured by those with evil intent, with IP addresses on a "list". I'm on a VPN right now and often am, so it can work.
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

It's the luck of the draw I think, Stoivo.

James told me how to get around it by submitting the IP address or something to the company that authors the security software he uses now, but there's a 3-day delay 'til the address is exempted, by which time my VPN software's already using another.

It's one of, if not the most-popular VPN's out there for Mac, and it's been great. I did mention the problem to support about a year ago and it promised to look into a few issues I raised with it, so with each update I half expect to see "little" improvements; it could be that it's been taken care of somehow. As I said 'though, I won't get my hopes up.

All this said, I noticed recently that the address hasn't changed in several weeks, so that could be an indicator that it no longer automatically rotates. Either that or I've messed something up. Guess we'll see.

Hope you and the crew are OK, bud. I also hope I don't disappoint as I'm not the funky monkey I used to be, having been whipped into professional shape (had the fun beaten right out of me) over at the Kemper forum. No room for shenanigans there. I s'pose the several NBD's I've had these past few years have taken their toll, as has the protracted journey towards recording again.

I was close 2 years back before my MOTU-AVB-lay-buy money was stolen. Have had to endure being forced several steps back, but at least I've made some progress building a small VI and plugin library. Last I was permanently-here I'd never bought plugin apart from Mach V. Now I have iZotope, Waves, Omnisphere, Plugin Alliance (some great ones) and a few other bits and pieces. Have saved for a long time for Komplete and waited for v12 to drop, so that should be coming soon too. Given Mach V's apparent demise, I saw no other option besides UVI, but TBH Mach V's and therefore Falcon's UI and layout, whilst entirely-logical, didn't feel intuitive to me. I know Kontakt's has issues too, but what with the plethora of (cheaper-than-UVI) libraries out there and what I'll get with Konplete 12, I think I'll be OK as I'm not keen to do much editing anyway. Life's too-short and I have nothing to show for the many years of hardware-synth editing I did back in the day, so lesson learned.

OK, that's sufficiently-off-topic to qualify as a legitimate post in this thread, methinks. Again, I sure hope you guys are all OK. I've still read the forum every few days in the years I've been away, and couldn't help but notice that whilst Fernando (hey 'Nandito!) is back, Uncle Shoosh is still-AWOL. Hopefully the music-making bug will bite him in the ass again; we need him here.

Love to all, Brother Stiovo. :love:

HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

Back at y'a MM!

Let me mention, never a bad idea (from a financial perspective) to pick up Komplete at a discount just before the next version drops.

Hope you can rejoin us here on a regular basis.
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

Thank you, Sir Markus.

Yeah, I've learned from the interwebs that that's the recommended M.O. for Komplete upgrades, and to do it every other version.

I've been impressed by your tireless efforts to help folks both here and at BeerGutz, mate. Kudos and much love to you, Brother Markus, Sir.

OT:
I see the max avatar size has increased and one can also now upload a pic. I wondered why mine had disappeared and it turns out postimage.org is now postimages.org. The link still reads the singular when dragged to the Finder, but nevertheless, it's the reason my avatar had disappeared.

Great that one can upload now. Really suits a luddite like me as I only ever had that one image uploaded to the 'net, and it was at the site I mentioned... and it's now gone.

bayswater

Post by bayswater »

monkey man wrote:I see the max avatar size has increased and one can also now upload a pic.
I like the picture. Had some work done on your teeth? They look better. Or worse. Hope your VPN will let you keep coming back.
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

Thanks Stoivo. Not a bad grille considering I haven't been to the dentist in exactly 20 years this month. Last time I went was when I had my fillings removed, which, due to my ingestion of a ridiculous amount of amalgam filings, resulted in CFS just a few months later and subsequently many autoimmune issues. That was the big turning point for the worse that preceded my joining this wonderful family we have.

Hey, great news! As expected, my session had expired when I navigated back here today, but login was smooth-as-silk. Unbelievable, but I'm still going to keep a lid on it for now. It'll be interesting to see what happens when the VPN address changes at some unspecified point in the near future, but for now it looks promising. :woohoo:

terrybritton

Post by terrybritton »

monkey man wrote:
bayswater wrote:
No need to sweat it, Stoivo; just make your own laws with the MonkeyLabs Legislation Prefabulator™. Legislate on-the-fly, brother.
Will I still need to confabulate manually, or will your Legislation Prefabulator™ handle confabulations as well? That would be a fabulous feature to add if it doesn't already.

I need some app to handle my postfabulations also - I hope that is in the pipeline.

Terry
MOTU 828 mk3 hybrid