new to scoring

Discussions about composing, arranging, orchestration, songwriting, theory, etc...

Moderators: Frodo, FMiguelez, MIDI Life Crisis

Forum rules
Discussions about composing, arranging, orchestration, songwriting, theory and the art of creating music in all forms from orchestral film scores to pop/rock.
Doctor
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

new to scoring

Post by Doctor »

Hi All,

I've been in the music business some 42 years, most of it on the road. I then settled down and worked with some local groups. I also got involved doing some studio work, including some simple music scores and sound effects for amature video.

I was hoping that someone might be able to point me in the right direction to either find some sound and copyrite free footage with/without dialogue or to a newsgroup or forum of amature video/film directors or producers looking for free scoring so that I could hoen my skills and possibly help them at the same time, a win win.

Any and all suggestions would be more than welcome.

Thanks for reading,

Doc
iMac 3.06 4 gig, 2.66 Quad-Core MacPro (1,1), 20 gig, 2.26 8 Core MacPro (4,1) , 16 gig, Euphonix MC mix, Euphonix MC control, DP 8, Logic 9 Studio, Live 7, Protools 9, Sibelius 7, Garritan Personal & Jazz, Komplete 5, Komplete 7, Melodyne, BFD 2, Arturia CS-80, Waves Platinum, Motu 896 mk3, Unitor8, Roland Fantom X7, Roland octapad - SPD 30, Vienna Ensemble Pro
Frodo
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by Frodo »

What's up, Doc?!!

Hey-- one thing that might be worth looking into is the world of student films. There may be some mutual benefits with offering a good film student a score in exchange for an opportunity to sharpen your talons.

This link might spawn some additional ideas even if direct participation is not the most ideal solution for you.

You can skip the personal data page and go to the links on the left "Music For Media > Home".

http://www.musicforthemedia.com/default.asp?p=0
6,1 MacPro, 96GB RAM, macOS Monterey 12.7, macOS 10.14, DP9.52