I just released a children's album

Share music created in Digital Performer
Forum rules
This forum is where you can post links to sound files of your projects created in Digital Performer in order to get feedback. You may also plug your band and announce live performances.
dtobocman
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

I just released a children's album

Post by dtobocman »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJvJGQtAqvM

www.VeryHelpfulSongs.com

Hi friends -- I just released my first album, a children's album, all recorded and mixed on DP. The pianos are Ivory, the drums are Brushed Artistry, the basses are from the Garritan Jazz and Big Band rompler, and the guitars, mandolin, banjo, and ukeleles are live -- all played by me.

Won't you click the links and check out the website and the first video from the album...? Thanks so much for the continued support from this uniquely great community of helpful Unicorners!
wylie1
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by wylie1 »

Very nice.
Makes me want to go home.
Dwetmaster

Post by Dwetmaster »

Very nice, I might have my wife buy it for my kid. What organ did you use? and Brass?
MacPro 8Core 2.8GHZ 16GB RAM OSX10.8.3
MacBook Pro 17" Unibody 2011 OSX10.8.3
896mk3, BLA Modded 896HD, BLA Microclock, MTP-AV, Yamaha KX-8, CME VX-7 Mackie Ctrl, megadrum, Presonus C-S,
DP8.04, Bidule, M5 3, Ethno 2, BPM 1.5 Kontakt4, BFD2, SD2, Omnisphere, Wave Arts P-S5, Altiverb7, PSP VW & OldTimer, VB3, Ivory 2 Grand, True Pianos, Ozone 5, Reason 4, AmpliTube3, Bla bla bla...
A few El & Ac basses & Guitars, Hammond A-100.
midilance

Post by midilance »

Very well done.
Mac Studio m2 Max // OS 14.3.1 // DP 11.3.1 // MotU Ultralite mk4 // Komplete Ultimate 14 // Arturia V Collection 9 // Korg Collection // Stylus RMX 1.8 // Omnisphere 2.6.2c // Scarbee Keys and Basses // T-Racks 5 // Amplitube 5 // BFD3 // Blue3 // PolyM //
dtobocman

Post by dtobocman »

Dwetmaster wrote:Very nice, I might have my wife buy it for my kid. What organ did you use? and Brass?
Gee, I hope I give the right answers... :D

Organ = B4 (Native Instruments, which is one of the best things they ever did, IMO).

I can't remember using any brass on the album except for the solo in the first song, but that's not in the snippet I provided on the website.

Thanks for your interest! I put a lot of love into this project. It's fun being able to finally show people the album.
Shooshie

Re: I just released a children's album

Post by Shooshie »

dtobocman wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJvJGQtAqvM

www.VeryHelpfulSongs.com

Hi friends -- I just released my first album, a children's album, all recorded and mixed on DP. The pianos are Ivory, the drums are Brushed Artistry, the basses are from the Garritan Jazz and Big Band rompler, and the guitars, mandolin, banjo, and ukeleles are live -- all played by me.

Won't you click the links and check out the website and the first video from the album...? Thanks so much for the continued support from this uniquely great community of helpful Unicorners!
Very nice, David. I think the counting song is really for parents, though children can certainly learn from it, too. I hope it prevents a lot of spankings and other acts of parental "violence" by slowing some folks down and getting them to let the rage wear off. I'm a big advocate of teaching parents how NOT to spank, and that song just might become part of my repertoires. My kids don't have kids yet, but I may have to buy your album anyway, in hopes for that day.

Very nice songs, wonderful messages behind the songs that make us think. Lots of kudos to you, Valerie, and anyone else involved in your project.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
Dwetmaster

Post by Dwetmaster »

dtobocman wrote:I can't remember using any brass on the album except for the solo in the first song, but that's not in the snippet I provided on the website.
I was talking about the end of "Rainbow" on the website.
MacPro 8Core 2.8GHZ 16GB RAM OSX10.8.3
MacBook Pro 17" Unibody 2011 OSX10.8.3
896mk3, BLA Modded 896HD, BLA Microclock, MTP-AV, Yamaha KX-8, CME VX-7 Mackie Ctrl, megadrum, Presonus C-S,
DP8.04, Bidule, M5 3, Ethno 2, BPM 1.5 Kontakt4, BFD2, SD2, Omnisphere, Wave Arts P-S5, Altiverb7, PSP VW & OldTimer, VB3, Ivory 2 Grand, True Pianos, Ozone 5, Reason 4, AmpliTube3, Bla bla bla...
A few El & Ac basses & Guitars, Hammond A-100.
jgest

Re: I just released a children's album

Post by jgest »

Shooshie wrote:
dtobocman wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJvJGQtAqvM

www.VeryHelpfulSongs.com

Very nice, David. I think the counting song is really for parents, though children can certainly learn from it, too. I hope it prevents a lot of spankings and other acts of parental "violence" by slowing some folks down and getting them to let the rage wear off. I'm a big advocate of teaching parents how NOT to spank, and that song just might become part of my repertoires. My kids don't have kids yet, but I may have to buy your album anyway, in hopes for that day.

Very nice songs, wonderful messages behind the songs that make us think. Lots of kudos to you, Valerie, and anyone else involved in your project.

Shooshie
yes very nice songs. I agree! having come from a spanking childhood, I guess I could be considered a candidate as these things tend to repeat themselves for generations.....
Yet as I watch my kids grow, the thought of spanking anything but my self or my wife :wink: leaves me livid......It's just irrational and ignorant parenting......but then I don't drink and that is often the main ingredient coupled with anger turned inward.....

Some day i'd like to make a psychedelic/goa trance album for kids as I think the neurology behind all the filter modulation and gated reverbs/delays will bombard the cerebellum and hasten synaptic genesis in a way much similar to the 'MOZART" effect.
Macbook pro, 3 gigs of ram, osx 10.62, Dp 5.13, Live 8.1.2, Reason 4, Tc powercore Virus, Albino 3.02, proper ergonomic sitting posture, plenty of coffee (french press only with a pinch of cardamon added)
My dp inspired music.....
http://www.myspace.com/aislingbeing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.myspace.com/wigginsmaroo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.mp3.com.au/artist.asp?id=10004" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
dtobocman

Post by dtobocman »

Dwetmaster wrote:
dtobocman wrote:I can't remember using any brass on the album except for the solo in the first song, but that's not in the snippet I provided on the website.
I was talking about the end of "Rainbow" on the website.
Ah... I forgot. That was an EWQLSO solo trumpet. Very nice sample -- it really brought something to that song! All of the orchestral sounds are EWQLSO Gold, although I wish I had Platinum so that I could reduce the perceived size of the orchestra.

Shooshie -- that's a revelation, about it being an anti-spanking song. Wow, brother. Thanks for your compliments and kind words. A lot of love went into the album since the songs were written to my kids.

Thanks, everyone, for listening and watching the video. I appreciate it.

David Tobocman
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Moved this thread to "DP User Showcase" instead of Digital Performer forum as it seemed more appropriate. Please try to create threads in the most appropriate forum. Thanks! :)
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
KarlSutton

Post by KarlSutton »

nice!

we parents need more of this quality & creative music for our kids.

"Buttons & Bows" is hilarious!
MPB 17" 2.66 i7/8GB RAM, OSX 10.6.8, DP 7.24, 828 mkII, Ethno 1 via Ultimate Soundbank, MX4, MSI, Komplete 9, Ivory, Stylus RMX.

for a time:MacPro6,1 3Ghz 8 core 32GB RAM
dtobocman

Post by dtobocman »

KarlSutton wrote:nice!

we parents need more of this quality & creative music for our kids.

"Buttons & Bows" is hilarious!
Thanks, Karl -- the funniest part of the song isn't even in the snippet. Here's the lyric...

BUTTONS AND BOWS

Buttons and bows and snaps and zippers
Pieces of velcro keep your clothes up
It••™s real important to not be naked
••˜Specially when you go to town

Loop your loops and tie your laces
Cover up all those special places

Buttons and bows are elemental
Keep your shirt on, it••™s essential
They help you to hold up your clothes
Oh those buttons and bows!

It••™s real important to keep your clothes on
Folks freak out and get all nervous
People are weird, that••™s how it goes

Pieces of velcro keep your clothes up
It••™s real important to at least appear normal

Buttons and bows are elemental
Keep your shirt on, it••™s essential
They help you to hold up your clothes

It••™s real important to keep your clothes on
Folks freak out and get all nervous
People are weird, that••™s how it goes

©2008 David Tobocman
dtobocman

Post by dtobocman »

Would it be bragging to show you all my very first piece of press as a solo artist?

www.Zooglobble.com

It's the sole entry for today, Feb. 19, 2008

Whoopie!
David Tobocman
www.DavidTobocman.com
reekguitar

Post by reekguitar »

one more here!
Congratulations for the Great work and a brilliant idea David!
Did you sing?
any other musicians? drummer?
G4 Silver 733 / OS 9.2 / Motu 1224 / Fastlane
DP-3.11 / Reason 2.5
Roland MB-D1 / JV-1010 / U-220 / Korg X-5
wylie1

Post by wylie1 »

I know how important it is for me to keep my clothes on.
People sure freak out.
Best of luck David I'm sure you must be having allot of fun with this.