Automatic Track Creation on Soundbite Import

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
jeb jerome
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Automatic Track Creation on Soundbite Import

Post by jeb jerome »

It there a way to have DP create tracks for/from soundbites? Or be able to drag groups of soundbites into the sequences tracks?

I'm importing a bunch of files to mix and it seems like I have to import the soundbites and then drag them to tracks individually.

It would be nice if there was a way to create tracks based on each soundbite mono for a mono/etc. Maybe I'm asking too much or maybe I'm missing something.

Thanks!
croyal

Re: Automatic Track Creation on Soundbite Import

Post by croyal »

You can drag and drop on existing tracks directly- no need to import then drag. Set up a bunch of mono and/or stereo tracks (you can add multiple tracks at one time BTW) and drag soundfiles from the finder onto the sequence or track windows. DP will handle any conversions automatically.

<small>[ July 16, 2005, 12:45 PM: Message edited by: Croyal ]</small>
Mac Studio Ultra/ 2013 Trashcan. DP10 and 11.
32 channels of Apogee Symphony MkII/ Dangerous 2Bus+.
Lots of Neve, API, and Dangerous outboard gear.
jeb jerome

Post by jeb jerome »

Thanks. Is there a way to drag and drop multiple sound bites onto tracks though?

Right now I'm importing them, then making x mono tracks and x stereo tracks according to the files I've imported, then drag each file onto a track individually. It seems like I should be able to grab a bunch of them and drop them on, but maybe it can't do this.

Is there any way to streamline this any further?

Ideally, it would be nice to be able to import a bunch of sound files and DP would generate tracks for each sound files and according to whether it was mono/stereo and name them relative to the sound file name.
Tim

Post by Tim »

Originally posted by amplidood:
This is an issue that's annoyed many of us for a long time.
MOTU should really get on that one.