Source for flim/soundtrack-style "ambient-industrial&qu

Discussions about composing, arranging, orchestration, songwriting, theory, etc...

Moderators: Frodo, FMiguelez, MIDI Life Crisis

Forum rules
Discussions about composing, arranging, orchestration, songwriting, theory and the art of creating music in all forms from orchestral film scores to pop/rock.
dschmidt
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Source for flim/soundtrack-style "ambient-industrial&qu

Post by dschmidt »

Hi there-

Does anyone know a good source of drum loops or samples that have a modern ambient/industrial sound to them? I'm looking for the style you might hear in a film soundtrack during a tense scene in something like the Bourne Identity, the TV show "24", or a modern military video game.

It's an industrial-yet muted drum sound...kind of electronic, but not really...more like non-realistic pieces of metal hitting each other, with some "real-world" sounding percussion like high-hats perhaps mixed in.

Thanks for any ideas!

Dave
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Source for flim/soundtrack-style "ambient-industria

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

dschmidt wrote:Hi there-

Does anyone know a good source of drum loops or samples that have a modern ambient/industrial sound to them?
Thanks for any ideas!

Dave
I generally find those in my brain. All kidding aside, it is easier and faster for me to compose such things than it is to try and find them.

But you might try Plugsound Pro and even Garage Band if you want the "same old same old" kinds of loops a plenty.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Tmon
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by Tmon »

Try Stylus RMX from spectrasonics. Used all of the time on 24.

-T