896HD firewire issues

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
jcfarley
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

896HD firewire issues

Post by jcfarley »

I have recently developed issues with my 896HD and my Glyph external HD... both using my firewire card. For some reason, now, my 896HD won't work properly with the Glyph plugged in. It either will react very sporatically or refuse to function and be recognized at all.

I have replaced wires and yesterday purchased a new firewire card and installed it with the same results. Is there a setting somewhere that I am missing? Any ideas and thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
hswin

hard drive issues

Post by hswin »

Question: Does the hard drive work by itself directly to the computer? If not, there may be some issues there. I have several drives and all work well with my laptop and 896HD's.

Hal Swinhart
hp zd7000 laptop
Windows XP SP2
MOTU 896 (x3)
SONAR 6 Producer
jcfarley

Re: hard drive issues

Post by jcfarley »

Thanks for the reply. The problem turned out to be the external HD firewire connection. The unit was sent to Glyph, repaired and returned and the studio is back in tip top shape...

Wow... three 906's? Awesome! And.. I too use Sonar Producer...

thanks for checking in...
hswin wrote:Question: Does the hard drive work by itself directly to the computer? If not, there may be some issues there. I have several drives and all work well with my laptop and 896HD's.

Hal Swinhart
hp zd7000 laptop
Windows XP SP2
MOTU 896 (x3)
SONAR 6 Producer