So Phil Spector gets off?

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

So Phil Spector gets off?

Post by James Steele »

I hadn't read the details but someone called me to tell me there was apparently a hung jury. Maybe he and OJ can hang out now?
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
zaster

Post by zaster »

Lame. How do you walk after just killing someone point blank like that? Wait- I know- money. Sorry, not meaning to get political.
RCory

Post by RCory »

geez - irks me to no end...
Last edited by RCory on Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

You sure can buy a lot of justice these days.

"Umm, yes officer, I brought her home to my place and she just plain shot herself in my hallway with my gun. I swear!"

Any of us, would be incarcerated by now. If we lived in Texas we'd be getting the chair.

Any way, I guess this is too close to politics. Phil Spector is a music figure so I brought it up. My bad.

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
zaster

Post by zaster »

On a completely non-political note:
But I thought he admitted he did it? Read some article a while back...

P.S. Did you know he had a gold coffin in his basement for his ex-wife?!

"I remain mad, bad and dangerous to know." -P. Spector
azusa749a
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by azusa749a »

Celebrity never gets convicted in California. :roll:
chrispick

Post by chrispick »

James Steele wrote:You sure can buy a lot of justice these days.
Does Spector have a lot of money these days? I mean, he lives in Alhambra. I practically live in Alhambra! :D :D :D

My uneducated guess is this has more to due with the type of people in So. Cal. who make it through jury selection. If you've ever sat through jury pooling here you'd say it was like a Monty Python sketch -- it's that absurd.

In lawyers' eyes, the best juror is uneducated on all topics, impressionable, has a short memory and tons of free time on their hands.

My wife's a lawyer, BTW, so I don't harbor anti-lawyer sentiments. Just laying out the game plan as they play it.

Anyway, Spector -- Seems to me there was a saying in the LA music scene that you hadn't made it until you had Phil flash his piece at you. And that was long before this unfortunate series of events.
Spikey Horse

Post by Spikey Horse »

azusa749a wrote:Celebrity never gets convicted in California. :roll:
**** POLITICS DELETED ******

.. speaking as a DP user that is.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Geez... the most slippery of slopes isn't it? I started a topic about the criminal justice system and high profile music personality and you manage to bring presidential politics into it and slam a particular politician. Some of us just cant resist beating that drum I guess.

I'm shutting this topic down. I can feel it taking a turn for the worse if I don't. It wanders just close to the edge and then the partisan stuff starts flying.