Help look for Steve Fossett during studio down time

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
Spikey Horse
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Help look for Steve Fossett during studio down time

Post by Spikey Horse »

You can now help look for adventurer Steve Fossett (who disappeared while flying in Nevada 2 weeks ago) click here:

http://www.mturk.com/mturk/preview?grou ... 0&kw=Flash

The site gives you successive google map images of the search area (taken recently) to review and for each one you submit any findings (or not). You can have the page open and review them whenever you have a spare moment.
monkey man
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by monkey man »

I know I need broadband, but I'd never have guessed that my connection speed could cost a life. :lol:

Dohh! Sorry Spikey. :oops:

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
johnnytucats
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by johnnytucats »

Heard a story on NPR about a guy whose dad, in a plane, disappeared over the desert forty something years ago when the guy was four years old. Never found the crash and never had closure.

Now, all this searching for Fossett has apparently led to the discovery of several old wreckage sites. They will eventually search them all and look for clues. The guy may find his dad after all.