MOTU 828mkII USB2 - driver problem

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
Frenghiz
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

MOTU 828mkII USB2 - driver problem

Post by Frenghiz »

Hi all,

I did post about this as a reply in another topic.. but im hoping this will get more replies here.

Im using a 1.6GHz Dell inspiron with 512MB RAM and with Windows XP

This is what i posted on the tech site:

System information OSWindows XPOS versionversion 2002 : servicepack2CPU1.60 GHzRAM 512MBAdditional system info
i have used a MI4 soundcard in the past
Additional information Troubleshootingsee previous
Steps to reproduce- insert cd ..... nothing happens (no directions as said in the manual) except that im asked to browse the cd.
- searching for instal file ..... VERY DIFFICULT
- found the instal prog and had run it with the 828mk2 off (of course)
- windows crashes after 5 drivers were installed
- reboot and retry
- succesful installation.. reboot
- when 828mk2 turned on, windows doesn't recognize it and it's as if no drivers were installed!
- checked hardware list for troubles
- have let windows search for right drivers
- INSTALLATION WORKED! ... (here i should have stopped)
- registration of product
- download of updated drivers
- installed drivers, reboot
end- now i can't even go back to the earlier setting

DetailsDrivers included on CD or on this website DO NOT help windows recognize the hardware!! i am furious about this, because at first i tried the CD.. rebooted.. no recognition of the hardware.. then i tried and let windows track down the right driver... it worked@! but then i tried to update the drivers with the ones on the download section... again, same problem at first and now all of a sudden windows can't find the drivers which did work, well actually only GSIF and Audio Wave doesn't work.
ResponsesEditAdded by Francis on 2007/08/28 09:31:48 GMT-5
Attached file: http://downloads.motu.com/tickets/10440/Foto's-0246.jpg
please help.. i've reinstalled the latest drivers from the website. and when i use Cubase it will not allow me to add extra busses.. the pc instantly crashes with this technical info:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

*** STOP: 0x000000D1 (0xFF664003,0x00000002,0x00000000,0xB2610941)

*** motufwa.sys - Address B2610941 base at B25EF000, DateStamp 44ecb7dc

I can play music over the MOTU and it sounds great! but now when im in Cubase 4... my MIDI out is inactive as so are a lot of other ports.. only the two main in and out are active.
So when i create on extra bus.. for other than the two actives one i immediately get the 'blue screen' with the part that i typed in bold.

Im not that good with all this jazz... but i have been perfectly working with cubase SL3 and the MI4 (which is installed because it broke! yes the usb connector broke its a miracle.. i have fixed it, but i rather work with hardware that doesnt have the risc of short-cutting :)

If you made it this far.. thanks for reading. ANY help is very much appreciated.

Eargerly awaiting your reply,

Francis
Frenghiz
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by Frenghiz »

After shutting windows down this morning.. ms installed two updates... when i tried to get back in cubase and trying different things, i noticed i didnt get any blue screens more!

almost never had such a happy experience ;) and im lucky i didnt format my whole laptop!