CD Replication

For discussion of the music business in general

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
For discussion of the music business in general from studio administration, contracts, artist promotion, gigging, etc.
OldTimey
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

CD Replication

Post by OldTimey »

I am about to get a batch of CD's replicated, and am looking to find some place reputable to get my job done. Anyone have any recommendations? I've browsed Diskmakers' site, DiskFacktory, Tunecore, places like that...
Pound

Post by Pound »

Discmakers seems to be reputable. I have friends that have used them in the past. I'm not sure how their prices compare to others.
Macbook Pro
OS X 10.4.11
DP 5.12
Motu Ultralite
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Yeah, and if you give them your address you will get catalogs every few weeks forever. :lol:
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Pound

Post by Pound »

James Steele wrote:Yeah, and if you give them your address you will get catalogs every few weeks forever. :lol:
Very true!!!! :lol:
Macbook Pro
OS X 10.4.11
DP 5.12
Motu Ultralite
dosuna11

Post by dosuna11 »

Clients I have produced have had great luck with Discmakers. The CD baby thing, UPC, and on the last project itunes was included. No bad discs and the artwork replication was great. Can you sell 1000 CD's? If not then the $/CD goes way up. Congratulations on the completion of the project.
iMac 2.7Ghz quadcore i5 16 gig RAM DP 7.24 OS 10.6.8, iMac G5 2.1GHz 2.5 gig Ram DP 5.13 OS 10.4.11 MOTU 828 MK2, East West Platinum Plus, Miroslav Philharmonic, Komplete 5, Kontakt 2 Garritan Big Band, Mr Sax T, The Trumpet, DrumCore, Trilogy and Trillian, Ivory, MachFive, Ethno Instrument, Reason 4, SampleTank 2 Sampletron, Samplemoog, Melodyne Editor, Nomad plugins, Vintage Warmer, Ozone 4, Amplitube Jimi, Xgear and AmpegSVX.
http:www.davidosuna.com
Kubi

Post by Kubi »

Always had great results with discmakers, and found that their printing (both on CD and on case) is of better quality at more reasonable prices than most competitors.
OldTimey

Post by OldTimey »

thanks for the replys. im definitely considering discmakers. I will be pressing 1000 at first...i hope to give 100-200 away as promos, and well see about the rest...

thanks!