The Age Thread

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
monkey man
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by monkey man »

jgest wrote:I'll be there to celebrate.......
I love the new avatar.
Yay! Thank you Josh! :D

I took the liberty of saying a couple of times lately that you'll "be there", when I was of course assuming this. :oops:

Yay! :D

Oh yeah, the avatar's one of me squeezing notes out. :lol:

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
madboy
Location: Just South of civility and West of common sense. Chainsaws accepted.

Post by madboy »

jgest wrote:
monkey man wrote:
madboy wrote:Beatles?
Above, a space saving low quality question
Man, you're still way out there, Gary! :lol:
madboy wrote:Happy birthday everybody!
Yay! Thanks Gaz. :D
I'll be there to celebrate.......
I love the new avatar.
The dude has his visuals way over the top.

Thanks for noticing, it's nice to be appreciated, even as I'm orbiting Pluto. :D
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

madboy wrote:The dude has his visuals way over the top.
Hence the sunglasses. :D

odarellmc

Post by odarellmc »

39! been doing this since the late 80's my first pro setup was a korg m-1, atari 1040st w/creator, a tascam 688, and alesis hr16-b. with jbl monitors
Macbook Pro 15" SR 2.4ghz 2g ram , FirmTek SeriTek/2SM2-E dual-bay hot swap sata drive enclosure, JBL 4206 & Mackie HR824, MOTU 2408 mkII, Mackie Onyx 400f, Rode NTK, MOTU MTPAV, OS 10.4.10, DP 5.13, Reason 4.0, Rob Papen Predator & Albino 3, Ozone 3,BFD v1.5, Roland xp-80, EMU e6400 ultra, Alesis ControlPad, Akai MPK49
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

odarellmc wrote:39! been doing this since the late 80's my first pro setup was a korg m-1, atari 1040st w/creator, a tascam 688, and alesis hr16-b. with jbl monitors
Aah... you're just a spring chicken.

Nice setup, that old one of yours; I'll bet I could make more music with it than I do now. :lol:

odarellmc

Post by odarellmc »

Nice setup, that old one of yours; I'll bet I could make more music with it than I do now.
yep, i saw that setup in keyboard magazine and had to have it, it was the most insparational and creative time of my life. it's crazy that we worry about all this technical stuff and never really address how this stuff help us make BETTER MUSIC.
Macbook Pro 15" SR 2.4ghz 2g ram , FirmTek SeriTek/2SM2-E dual-bay hot swap sata drive enclosure, JBL 4206 & Mackie HR824, MOTU 2408 mkII, Mackie Onyx 400f, Rode NTK, MOTU MTPAV, OS 10.4.10, DP 5.13, Reason 4.0, Rob Papen Predator & Albino 3, Ozone 3,BFD v1.5, Roland xp-80, EMU e6400 ultra, Alesis ControlPad, Akai MPK49
jgest

Post by jgest »

odarellmc wrote:

Nice setup, that old one of yours; I'll bet I could make more music with it than I do now.
yep, i saw that setup in keyboard magazine and had to have it, it was the most insparational and creative time of my life. it's crazy that we worry about all this technical stuff and never really address how this stuff help us make BETTER MUSIC.
And in some lethargic cases we stop making meaningful music and become all consumed in the technical specs of our gear. I know I have had some of these bouts, especially when on the bleeding edge of new updates and gear and such......
Thankfully age is helping me tone down my gear and update frenzy and refocus on music.
Macbook pro, 3 gigs of ram, osx 10.62, Dp 5.13, Live 8.1.2, Reason 4, Tc powercore Virus, Albino 3.02, proper ergonomic sitting posture, plenty of coffee (french press only with a pinch of cardamon added)
My dp inspired music.....
http://www.myspace.com/aislingbeing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.myspace.com/wigginsmaroo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.mp3.com.au/artist.asp?id=10004" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
gearboy

Post by gearboy »

34 checking in. The age when a male becomes painfully aware that he has nothing in common with 21-25 yr old girls, and remembers fondly when they were "old". Oh, and interested.

*sigh*

Now where did I put that MIDI CC chart for my Sequential Circuits SixTrak?
OS 10.4.11 - G5 Dual 1.8GHz, 3GB RAM / Mac PB G4 1.5GHz, 1.5GB RAM / Apogee Duet / MOTU 828mkii w/BLA Analog & Clock mod / MOTU DP4.61 / Live5.2 / Peak 4 & 5 LE / Izotope Oz3, Sp, Tr / Waves Ren Max / TRacks, Miroslav / NI Komplete 5 / GF impOSCar, MiniMonsta, M-Tron / Automat / Nomad Factory Vintage Studio Bundle / apTrigga / Audio Hijack Pro

My recording blog: http://www.ipressrecord.com
jgest

Post by jgest »

gearboy wrote:34 checking in. The age when a male becomes painfully aware that he has nothing in common with 21-25 yr old girls, and remembers fondly when they were "old". Oh, and interested.

*sigh*

Now where did I put that MIDI CC chart for my Sequential Circuits SixTrak?
It gets worse when your married with kids and there is no more time for "goodness", and you look all around and see nothing but a glorious "buffet table" where everything just looks "delicious"....
And then as you put it.........The age when a male becomes painfully aware that he has nothing in common with 21-25 yr. old girls, and remembers fondly when they were "old". Oh, and interested.

*sigh*

:? :cry: :x
Macbook pro, 3 gigs of ram, osx 10.62, Dp 5.13, Live 8.1.2, Reason 4, Tc powercore Virus, Albino 3.02, proper ergonomic sitting posture, plenty of coffee (french press only with a pinch of cardamon added)
My dp inspired music.....
http://www.myspace.com/aislingbeing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.myspace.com/wigginsmaroo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.mp3.com.au/artist.asp?id=10004" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Matcher

Post by Matcher »

Guys guys..it doesn't have to be like that :) Image
MBP i7, OSX 10.7.4
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

gearboy wrote:34 checking in. The age when a male becomes painfully aware that he has nothing in common with 21-25 yr old girls, and remembers fondly when they were "old". Oh, and interested.

*sigh*
You should also be aware that women hit their real prime at about 34. There is no beauty on earth that compares with women from about 32 to 42. Oh, and at that age, they're past most of those games and fears from their younger years. Well, maybe "past" is not the right word. But let's just say that they no longer require such patient pursuit, and in fact are often the pursuers.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
bongo_x

Post by bongo_x »

Yeah, I'd say your entering the age when young girls aren't even interesting anymore. Pretty soon they will just be annoying.

bb
gearboy

Post by gearboy »

Shooshie wrote: You should also be aware that women hit their real prime at about 34. There is no beauty on earth that compares with women from about 32 to 42. Oh, and at that age, they're past most of those games and fears from their younger years. Well, maybe "past" is not the right word. But let's just say that they no longer require such patient pursuit, and in fact are often the pursuers.

Shooshie
Oh, I am aware, but thanks for reminding me Shooshie.
bongo_x wrote:Yeah, I'd say your entering the age when young girls aren't even interesting anymore. Pretty soon they will just be annoying.

bb
Pretty is never annoying, my friend. :D

Then there is this article:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/200 ... anlifespan

I love science.

*breaks out December's Children*

Last edited by gearboy on Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OS 10.4.11 - G5 Dual 1.8GHz, 3GB RAM / Mac PB G4 1.5GHz, 1.5GB RAM / Apogee Duet / MOTU 828mkii w/BLA Analog & Clock mod / MOTU DP4.61 / Live5.2 / Peak 4 & 5 LE / Izotope Oz3, Sp, Tr / Waves Ren Max / TRacks, Miroslav / NI Komplete 5 / GF impOSCar, MiniMonsta, M-Tron / Automat / Nomad Factory Vintage Studio Bundle / apTrigga / Audio Hijack Pro

gearboy

Post by gearboy »

Matcher wrote:Guys guys..it doesn't have to be like that :) Image
There is a fine line between... what was I talking about again?

Mr. Quimper

Post by Mr. Quimper »

jgest wrote:It gets worse when your married with kids and there is no more time for "goodness", and you look all around and see nothing but a glorious "buffet table" where everything just looks "delicious"....
Well at least you had that time at all. :lol: I'm only 23 and have been living with my fiancee of the same age since we were 18 - we've only ever been with each other and it looks like that's not going to change any time soon; we've long ago passed the stage of realizing that we drive each other completely nuts and still love each despite, so basically, I went from nothing to being essentially married.

Sometimes I think I've missed out on something, but then realize that most people my age are barely able to spend 5 weeks with someone let alone live with them for 5 years, and will probably spend a good portion of their lives trying to find something like what I've got, so I guess I made out pretty well...

...oh, and did I mention she's basically a gourmet chef who LOVES to cook too? :wink:
2.5Ghz Quad-Core/20GB DDR3/10.11.6/DP 9.5