Problem with the configuration Of the Ultralite in WindowsXp

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
djpablo
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Problem with the configuration Of the Ultralite in WindowsXp

Post by djpablo »

Dear friends,
I have a problem with my Ultralite, when I want configure the Ultralite as sound card predetermined in Windows Xp I can not.

When I go to sound devices and audio (control of panel), I select in the audio option, I can see the Motu's sounds controllers, however when I select one of the controllers and go back to the volume option I can not audio device I have not of controller sound, cannot assign to the Motu as the sound controller predetermined.

The motu works well with other programs (Ableton, Adobe Audition), but not as card of principal sound in Windows Xp.

Could someone help me?.
arth
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Problem with the configuration Of the Ultralite in Windo

Post by arth »

djpablo wrote:Dear friends,
I have a problem with my Ultralite, when I want configure the Ultralite as sound card predetermined in Windows Xp I can not.

When I go to sound devices and audio (control of panel), I select in the audio option, I can see the Motu's sounds controllers, however when I select one of the controllers and go back to the volume option I can not audio device I have not of controller sound, cannot assign to the Motu as the sound controller predetermined.

The motu works well with other programs (Ableton, Adobe Audition), but not as card of principal sound in Windows Xp.

Could someone help me?.
The MOTU drivers do not come with a DirectSound mixer (aka volume control). And in the Windows world, it's the driver manufacturer who has to supply one, and MOTU never did. So no, you can't control it with a Windows style volume control (like sndmix32), but have to use the volume knob on the interface itself.

To use it for standard Windows sound, select MOTU Main Outs 1-2 for "Default Device", then use the volume knob on the Ultralite to adjust the sound level. You can then see the Windows output on the far right in the CueMix mixer, on Bus 1, but you can't adjust it from there.
Yes, it's a pain -- especially since you can't even adjust the level from CueMix. With competing products that don't come with a DirectSound mixer either, at least their own mixer lets you adjust the Windows output volume.
djpablo
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by djpablo »

Thanks so much arth,
you have solved my doubt.
Regards.