DP from start to (almost) finish

Share music created in Digital Performer
Forum rules
This forum is where you can post links to sound files of your projects created in Digital Performer in order to get feedback. You may also plug your band and announce live performances.
HooVoo
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP from start to (almost) finish

Post by HooVoo »

although it was mixed on PT :-(
I played and recorded everything on DP

intro and first verse are not here, but the rest is intact.

This is my new single, coming out in September (although it was just released on the radio...ooo oh oh oh oh, on the radio)

Click here :-)

it plays immediately...

ThanQ
Akai96

Post by Akai96 »

Great sonic quality
reekguitar

Post by reekguitar »

YahSu!

yes, great work!
shall take you from radio to television I hope.
G4 Silver 733 / OS 9.2 / Motu 1224 / Fastlane
DP-3.11 / Reason 2.5
Roland MB-D1 / JV-1010 / U-220 / Korg X-5
HooVoo

Post by HooVoo »

wow!!! i'm on itunes :-)

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSt ... 4&s=143448

The start of a bright future :D
Phil O

Post by Phil O »

Very nice!
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
RainMan7
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by RainMan7 »

Hoovoo...lovely! For some reason, the mixing and the composition reminds me quite a bit of Quincy Jones work in the late 70's. I think its the funka-licious vibe with the guitar and bass and the steady but even-keeled drum work.

At any rate, way cool song. How did you utilize Digital Performer?
emulatorloo

Post by emulatorloo »

RainMan7 wrote:Hoovoo...lovely! For some reason, the mixing and the composition reminds me quite a bit of Quincy Jones work in the late 70's.
I love it too -- Hoovoo -- for some reason the song reminds me of Miguel Bose's great pop work in the late 80's early 90's. Totally modern, Wonderful.

--

Can you tell us a little about the technical side? What audio interface? What synths / VI's did you use?

--
HooVoo

Post by HooVoo »

Wow, Guys it's an honour even commenting let alone comparing it to musical "beasts"!!! I'm in awe and i thank you so much :)

Everything you hear is played and programmed (by me), all vocals of course (still me) and the recording (again, me).
And everything happened inside DP. That is how i utilized it :)

Then i took my exported audio files to a "BIG" studio (the owner is a unicornist (?) as well) where we mixed it on ProTools HD.
Then i sent it to be mastered at Sterling Sound by Tom Coyne...

Guys, feel free (and by that i mean PLEASE DO) check my previous work at youtube where i've uploaded some clips off my first album back in 2000 (which was done in DP 2 :) )

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=hoovoo

Again, i thank you for taking the time!
Last edited by HooVoo on Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HooVoo

Post by HooVoo »

emulatorloo wrote:
RainMan7 wrote:Hoovoo...lovely! For some reason, the mixing and the composition reminds me quite a bit of Quincy Jones work in the late 70's.
I love it too -- Hoovoo -- for some reason the song reminds me of Miguel Bose's great pop work in the late 80's early 90's. Totally modern, Wonderful.
--
Can you tell us a little about the technical side? What audio interface? What synths / VI's did you use?
--
Of course!
This all happened inside a dual 2.5 G5 with 4GB of ram, in front of a 30 inch and next to it a 20 inch apple monitors.
My audio interface is 2408mk3, i have a DXB 200 mackie desk and everything is clocked by a Big Ben which really transformed the sound i was getting before i bought it.
I also have a UAD card, the big one, dont remember the name now as i'm on vacation in the great Greek beautiful island of Paros, i have 2 powercores firewire, a lot of hardware synths which were all used one way or another here (Triton Rack, Virus C, 2080 & 5080 both filled with xpansion cards, 8080 etc) and the VI's i used were VG EE for the electric guitar, Plugsound Pro for the lead (with all the expansions), Reason 3 for some percussive elements and Trilogy for Bass which, btw, i just replaced with ManyBass, an amazing sounding software which is UB, as i'm migrating to intel machines now :wink:

And this, gentlemen, along with some other plugs and VI's (which were not used in this song) is my humble home studio :)
sschweyen

Post by sschweyen »

Sonic quality is clear and crisp, very nice...I really enjoyed this listen. Funky, upbeat, great breaks and such. Fonakse pio dynata was my favorite. Mastering quality is really up there as well, Nice full stereo spread. Great work!
Dual G5 1.8 1.25 Gb RAM / DP 5.13 / Reason 4.01 / Recycle 2.5 / Logic Express 7, Logic 8, various soft synths n' stuff
HooVoo

Post by HooVoo »

sschweyen wrote:Sonic quality is clear and crisp, very nice...I really enjoyed this listen. Funky, upbeat, great breaks and such. Fonakse pio dynata was my favorite. Mastering quality is really up there as well, Nice full stereo spread. Great work!
Thank you very much :-)

In my defense, the second track is not even mastered. It's a demo remix of the song... I just put it there so i can get responses for the "idea" and the "feel" of the mix compared with the original...
HooVoo

Post by HooVoo »

Just thought you'd like to know (!!!) the single debuted at number 2 :)

(but that is in the measly Greek singles chart)

But still, better than nothing :D
donreynolds

Post by donreynolds »

# 2 is still # 2. It is what it is! Congratulations.
DP 9, MacPro 2.93/8 core/22 Gb RAM. OS X 10.11.6, 13"Macbook PRO 2.66 Duo, OS 10.11.6 El Capitan, 2xWD 150gig Raptor x 2, x3 My Book Studio 1 & 2Tb drive x 2, DP 7.24, BLA/Motu 896 HD x 2, BLA microclock ll, Presonus Central Station, Waves Plat. V7 , Slate Everything, Melodyne studio, SSD 5, TruePianos, Scuffham S-Gear, Alpha Track, Event 20/20 bas, Adam A7, and other toys, Lotsa guitars, HeadRush GTR processor and a Korg Triton)
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

Very nice. Top effort, HooVoo. :D

Groovy groove and bass, man.

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
Phil O

Post by Phil O »

I love to hear good news! Congrats, and here's to hoping it will soon rise to #1. :D

Phil
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.