Advice for a Logic User (Not me!)

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
stephentayler
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Advice for a Logic User (Not me!)

Post by stephentayler »

A question for any Logic users here:

I know how to Import Audio to Tracks in both PT and DP, i.e. in one easy move.

Is there a similar action available in Logic? I have just given a project (as many consolidated audio files) to the producer I work with, and he is unaware of how this might be done.

He is solely a Logic user, and I am not! DP and PT are my areas of expertise.

I'd be most grateful on any insight into this.

Many thanks

Kind regards
Stephen W Tayler: Sound Artist
http://www.chimera-arts.com
http://ostinatomusic.com
http://stephentayler.com

Mac Pro 16Gb RAM, OSX 10.10, DP 8, PT 11, Logic 9.1.8, MOTU Traveler, Ultralite Mk 3 Hybrid, MC MIx, MOTU VIs, Waves, Izotope Everything, Spectrasonics, SoundToys, Slate, Softube, NI , spl Surround Monitor Controller, spl Auditor Headphone amp, Genelec 1031A, 1029 5.1 system, Sontronics Mics, iPad etc..
Frodo

Post by Frodo »

Drag and drop audio file from a CD or the Finder right into an available audio track in the Arrange Window.

Drag and drop files from a CD or from the Finder directly into an open Audio Window.

In this same audio window, you may go to the sticky menu named 'Audio File' and choose 'Add Audio File'.
6,1 MacPro, 96GB RAM, macOS Monterey 12.7, macOS 10.14, DP9.52
billf

Re: Advice for a Logic User (Not me!)

Post by billf »

stephentayler wrote:A question for any Logic users here:

I know how to Import Audio to Tracks in both PT and DP, i.e. in one easy move.

Is there a similar action available in Logic? I have just given a project (as many consolidated audio files) to the producer I work with, and he is unaware of how this might be done.

He is solely a Logic user, and I am not! DP and PT are my areas of expertise.

I'd be most grateful on any insight into this.

Many thanks

Kind regards
What Frodo said. Another option is to save the DP project as an AAF file. I use that to move projects into Logic Pro sometimes.
MacPro5,1 2012, six core 2 x 3.06, 10.12.5, Digital Performer 9.13, 40 gb ram, 828mkIII, 2408 mkII, MTP AV, Logic Pro X 10.3.1, Studio One v 3.2, Pro Tools 12.7.1
BradLyons
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by BradLyons »

Frodo wrote:Drag and drop audio file from a CD or the Finder right into an available audio track in the Arrange Window.

Drag and drop files from a CD or from the Finder directly into an open Audio Window.

In this same audio window, you may go to the sticky menu named 'Audio File' and choose 'Add Audio File'.
I KNEW IT! You're a LOGIC spy here to convert all of the DP users over. The proof is in your screen name...

FRODO
LOGIC

see it? If you shift Logic over by one letter then each has an "O" in the middle, the G lines up with D which rhymes. OF course, the C in Logic comes just before D so that's a sign too. It's simple, YOU'VE BEEN DISCOVERED!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thank you,
Brad Lyons
db AUDIO & VIDEO
-Systems Advisor, CTS
Frodo

Post by Frodo »

Ah-- but Brad-- what you don't know is that my real name is Cogil!!

:wink:

I learned long ago never to put all of my "hua moa walakahiki-hiki's" into one basket.
BradLyons
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by BradLyons »

Frodo wrote:
I learned long ago never to put all of my "hua moa walakahiki-hiki's" into one basket.
No thanks, I don't smoke! 8)
Thank you,
Brad Lyons
db AUDIO & VIDEO
-Systems Advisor, CTS
stephentayler

Post by stephentayler »

Frodo, thanks for the response!

I suppose my question is really if there is a shortcut to importing, say, thirty audio files to thirty new tracks in one move, whilst automatically naming these tracks after the soundbites. Dragging them in one by one is what I'm trying to avoid.

Thanks

Stephen
Stephen W Tayler: Sound Artist
http://www.chimera-arts.com
http://ostinatomusic.com
http://stephentayler.com

Mac Pro 16Gb RAM, OSX 10.10, DP 8, PT 11, Logic 9.1.8, MOTU Traveler, Ultralite Mk 3 Hybrid, MC MIx, MOTU VIs, Waves, Izotope Everything, Spectrasonics, SoundToys, Slate, Softube, NI , spl Surround Monitor Controller, spl Auditor Headphone amp, Genelec 1031A, 1029 5.1 system, Sontronics Mics, iPad etc..
Frodo

Post by Frodo »

stephentayler wrote:Frodo, thanks for the response!

I suppose my question is really if there is a shortcut to importing, say, thirty audio files to thirty new tracks in one move, whilst automatically naming these tracks after the soundbites. Dragging them in one by one is what I'm trying to avoid.

Thanks

Stephen
Have you tried importing them all at once into the Audio Window in a batch drag-and-drop? It works in DP's soundbites window, and though I've not tried it in Logic I should think it will work.