ultralite and windows problem

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
headshot
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

ultralite and windows problem

Post by headshot »

hey just setup a ne wultralite, want to use for cubase sx3 and ableton. after setup i can't select the MOTU ASIO though, only just like DX ins/outs (1-2 :roll: ) and it gives very bad sounds.

anyone know what the problem is?
RJH_MUSIC
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by RJH_MUSIC »

Same boat here. Let me guess!! You are running VISTA right. Please see the massive posts on VISTA and Firewire and Ultralite. I would also almost guess you have an HP laptop with RICOH firewire chipset in it but I shouldn't guess that far.

THat is where I am. Reinstalled last night with a SIIG EpressCard Firewire Card with the TI chip and got the same noises you speak of on DX. No ASIO at all.

RJ
HP Pavillion DV9500T, 4 gig Ram, Dual 20" Display, 512Mb Nividia 8600 video, 3 SATA HD 7200 RPM 520 Gig max. Cubase VST, SX and 4.02, Halion3, Grove Agent 2, Virt Guit, EWQL Sym. Choir, Voices of Pass, NI Kontakt 2 Kore, Giovani Edition, DIVA, Melodyne Studio 3.2, BFD
Roland JV, XP, D, XV series synths, Korg TR, Triton, O3R/W, M3R, MTPAV (2) USB, Ultralite, Mackie 8 Bus, HUI.
headshot
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by headshot »

no vista is a big no. just xp here vista is for chumps (as is motu with a windows based system?)
Hard2Hear

Post by Hard2Hear »

Can you not select it in Cubase or in Live.. And do you have the newest drivers for your Steinberg dongle from syncrosoft?
RJH_MUSIC

Post by RJH_MUSIC »

Your right about both! Problem is, I have read in these posts that WIN XP has same problem, No MOTU ASIO. I have come to believe that what has been said about the RICOH Firewire chipsets is true, and I have recently confirmed it. I have VISTA on an HP dv9500T laptop, which i just bought by the way, and I would not work at all. Found out that the Firewire Chipset is RICOH. Friday, I brought my Ultralite and Kontakt 2 to work and loaded both on a friends brand new HP Compaq dx9420 laptop which has the TI Firewire chipset, and VISTA Ultimate. Frivers ran the first time through and what do you know, sound come through crystal clear and pumpin using the MOTU ASIO driver.

RJ
HP Pavillion DV9500T, 4 gig Ram, Dual 20" Display, 512Mb Nividia 8600 video, 3 SATA HD 7200 RPM 520 Gig max. Cubase VST, SX and 4.02, Halion3, Grove Agent 2, Virt Guit, EWQL Sym. Choir, Voices of Pass, NI Kontakt 2 Kore, Giovani Edition, DIVA, Melodyne Studio 3.2, BFD
Roland JV, XP, D, XV series synths, Korg TR, Triton, O3R/W, M3R, MTPAV (2) USB, Ultralite, Mackie 8 Bus, HUI.