IK Multimedia Deal

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
Resonant Alien
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

IK Multimedia Deal

Post by Resonant Alien »

Just stumbled on this last night. Buy Amplitube, Ampeg SVX, T-RackS, or Classic Stereo Reverbs before Aug 31 and get another one free! Way cool.
BradLyons
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by BradLyons »

Well I'll be, that IS a good deal..... you should get something, like Amplitube or something like that (inside joke) 8)
Thank you,
Brad Lyons
db AUDIO & VIDEO
-Systems Advisor, CTS
Resonant Alien
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by Resonant Alien »

BradLyons wrote:Well I'll be, that IS a good deal..... you should get something, like Amplitube or something like that (inside joke) 8)
Yeah, I should Brad. Probably you can help me out with that :wink: It was all your company's fault anyway - I only went to the website to look up a price on the Marshall JCM800 reissue (which you guys don't have BTW.....'sup wit dat?), and I saw that obscene headline "Buy 1 get 1 free". I wasn't even in the market for an amp fake-ulator, but I could definitely use one for noodling quietly with new ideas, especially since I can get both Amplitube and Ampeg SVX for 3 Benjamins.

Now, what's the story with you guys not carrying all of the Marshall Vintage reissues :lol:

RA
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by James Steele »

I couldn't stand it.... I bought Classik Studio Revebs and then got T-RackS as the freebie. Ding goes the charge card!
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
robstudio

Post by robstudio »

sweet... I dowloaded the demo to check it out.... I can't get the au to show up in my effects list. Of course, trashed prefs, repaired disk, rebooted, tried again... rinse, repeat... it half sees it, I can apply directly to the soundfile, but no dice in mixer. I've also tried in 10.8, same deal. I have the newest version and it's definatly au / ub. I have sent an email to tech support, but I thought I'd likely get help here faster ;) Any ideas what else to try??
Regards, Rob
Mac Pro 2x2.66GHz, 3 GB Ram, OS10.4.11 (not using 10.5), DP5.13, 2408mKIII, 2408mKII, 328 Digital Console (x2), FostexD2424, Micro Lite, QSR, SPX90, URS, PSP, Altiverb, Alphatrack, Shuttle
Frodo

Post by Frodo »

1 Try trashing Audio Unit Info Cache first, forcing DP to rescan the 'component' files.

2 If that doesn't work, trash all 'bundle' files, 'component' files, and VST files associated with the plugin.
Library> Audio > Plugins > (MAS/Components/VST)

--then reinstall it, repair permissions, delete the AUIC file again--

restart DP
6,1 MacPro, 96GB RAM, macOS Monterey 12.7, macOS 10.14, DP9.52
robstudio

Post by robstudio »

Thanks Frodo, I tried that, no change.. Weird the au examination passes the 4 plugs, but they still don't show up. Oh well hopefully tech support will come through! Thanks anyway!
Regards, Rob
Mac Pro 2x2.66GHz, 3 GB Ram, OS10.4.11 (not using 10.5), DP5.13, 2408mKIII, 2408mKII, 328 Digital Console (x2), FostexD2424, Micro Lite, QSR, SPX90, URS, PSP, Altiverb, Alphatrack, Shuttle
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

robstudio wrote:Thanks Frodo, I tried that, no change.. Weird the au examination passes the 4 plugs, but they still don't show up. Oh well hopefully tech support will come through! Thanks anyway!
Regards, Rob
Hmmm... odd. They should be down at the bottom of the list. They will be in a subfolder called "ik multimedia" or something.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
robstudio

Post by robstudio »

Yes odd indeed... just for kicks I tried creating a new file and lo and behold, now they show up... still cannot see them in the first project though, no biggie, 4 track tester project, I'll import the audio into a new project that shows all the effects... quirky quirky, but now at least I can check it out. Thanks guys!!
Regards, Rob
robstudio

Post by robstudio »

well at the risk of sounding like a tool, I'd like to share with you why I couldn't see the reverb plug, in case I'm not the only one....the track must have a stereo output, mono output no showy the plug. Sorry for missing that, carry on...
Regards, Rob
Frodo

Post by Frodo »

robstudio wrote:well at the risk of sounding like a tool, I'd like to share with you why I couldn't see the reverb plug, in case I'm not the only one....the track must have a stereo output, mono output no showy the plug. Sorry for missing that, carry on...
Regards, Rob
LOL!! :lol: :lol:

Rob-- Dude! We've all been there (haven't we, everybody?).
robstudio

Post by robstudio »

Thanks Frodo... Dude, where's my plugin? :oops: Now having been able to play a bit with this... it's quite a nice reverb for pop/rock production. Nice on snare(one that's on a STEREO subgroup... good going, eh?), nice for drum room sound.... just played with it on drums so far. I'll have to grabbing this up I think! Thanks for the recommendation. Good deal to get another for free....
Regards, Rob
Frodo

Post by Frodo »

robstudio wrote:... it's quite a nice reverb for pop/rock production.
That's interesting-- because the limited edition included in the Miroslav Orchestra library sounds really nice, too.

I can imagine it also working well on a guitar or vocal-- but the full version is highly programmable (as it should be) and it's no surprise that it's so versatile.