Default Audio Output glitch?

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
braincloud
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Default Audio Output glitch?

Post by braincloud »

I am having trouble routing audio to the correct default output on my 2408 mkIII on Mac OS 10.4.9.

I am using a 2408 mkIII with 2 sets of speakers attached; outputs 1-2 go to a pair of Mackie 626s. Outputs 3-8 go to a Blue Sky 5.1 system.

I switched the default output of the 2408 in the system preferences to outputs 3-4 when I started mixing in 5.1 so all my applications including my web browser would play through outputs 3-4.

I then decided to switch back to my mackie speakers on outputs 1-2 for a stereo mix.
I went into the sound prefs and switched the default output to 1-2 but the audio from my web browser is STILL coming out 3-4. I have gone through the PCI-424 device app, the Cuemix console, the audio MIDI setup, and of course the sound prefs and cannot get the audio to play out 1-2. UNLESS I disable outputs 3-8, then relaunch the browser, and then it plays out 1-2. But as soon as I reactivate 3-4, 5-6, or 7-8, the sound defaults to ANY output except 1-2.

What am I missing?
I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks