dead HD192 ?? help!

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
taylor12k
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

dead HD192 ?? help!

Post by taylor12k »

i was bouncing a track in DP today when i was behind one of my racks i tripped over the audiowire cable coming out of the back of my HD192. of course, this gave me a MOTU audio system error... i cancelled through it and proceeded to start the bounce again...

however, DP didn't seem to recognize any of the outputs of the HD192... so i quit and restart.. but still, nothing.

when i turn the HD on and off it blinks through the sample rates on the front panel and then settles on nothing. and all of the meters just show green lights on the bottom (ie, no signal).

when i open the various MOTU PCI audio consoles it seems to recognize the HD192, but it says "no outputs configured"... and when i try to CONFIGURE DEVICE from the Audio/MIDI setup i can't select the interface.. it's all greyed out and says "audiowire: 0"....

this leads me to believe it may not even be recognizing the HD.. simply the PCI424 card in the system (which is why i *can* select clock sources and default output to "PCI-424").

is my HD-192 fried? would accidentally pulling the cable out do this??

anyone have any clue.. help! my studio is dead in the water...!

thanks
jborum
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Too bad

Post by jborum »

I have a 424 card with one plug that's very loose. If I'm not careful it will pull out partway when I'm using it. All that I get is some severe digital crackle when it happens, and if it comes out too far I get the MOTU audio system error message. It's never caused any long term problems for me...