Tired of MySpace

For discussion of the music business in general

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
For discussion of the music business in general from studio administration, contracts, artist promotion, gigging, etc.
monkey man
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by monkey man »

dynamix wrote:
monkey man wrote:
dynamix wrote:...reptilian portions of the brain...
Speak for yourself, dynamix!
Was your great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great grand daddy... a lizard or a snake in the grass? :lol:
I'm convinced mine was 100% monkey. :D

Point well made, though, and I agree the advertisers' techniques are becoming ever more insidious, if that's even possible. :lol:
Hehe, love you Australians... Why did Rupert Murdoch have to be Australian? :) Now he owns myspace... Soon, the Wall Street Journal! Well, I love MOST Australians... :lol:
Well, you can love me too 'cause:
A) I'm Australian.
B) I meant no harm and was concerned I'd offend!

It's amazing to me how many folks are offended when I question whether their great, great great, great great, great great, great grandparents were slime, amoebas, lice, monkeys and other renowned creatures.
You'd think they'd be proud of their ancestry. :lol:

Me? I'm sticking with "ape all the way"; after all, there was nothing wrong with our design in the first instance.
Hang on... it would appear upon close scrutiny that there's nothing wrong with the design of any critter. :shock:

Thanks for putting up with me, you dynamic mixer, you. :D

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
mckelly

Post by mckelly »

Check you my new Myspace page!

I do wholeheartedly agree with the aforementioned sentiments expressed, however, this was a cheap and efficient means for me to placate people who would ask me to send them music. I didn't care for soundclick and I don't have a .mac page.

My original critique of Myspace was that is what a meeting place for the voyeuristic and narcissistic. This is still largely the case.

If it becomes reasonable for me to have my own web page - i.e., I desire something from it other than sharing a few poorly recorded tracks - then I will definitely put one up. However, in the interim - ackk - myspace it is.

-Matt
Mac Pro 2.66/5GB RAM/2x200 WD Hard Drives/1x250 Apple HD
2408mk3, 828, MIDI Express 128, Frontier Sierra, Dakota & Montana and dedicated Gigastudio PC (Intel 4, 2GB RAM)
DP 5.11, Opus 1, EWQLSO Gold & XP, Kontakt 2, Stylus et al.
Kurzweil PC1X and Roland XP-10
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

Sounds fair enough, Matt.

Heaven forbid, but even I, a chronic sufferer of MyCrapSpacetitis, may have to resort to this one day to get the poo-ball rolling.
Thankfully, I've no material for now at least.

Got plenty of poo though... want some? :lol:

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here