MTP greys out if turned off

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
richrut
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

MTP greys out if turned off

Post by richrut »

I noticed that changing the MTP's battery has been mentioned as a possible solution for a problem I've had for quite awhile••“if the unit is ever turned off and turned back on, the Audio MIDI setup greys it out and sets up a new MTP, forcing me to re-do all my connections to the new one and remove the old one.

Is the battery an easy fix, something I could just pop out and in, or does it need to be taken to a tech repair place?

Or is there something more basic that needs to be done? Firmware upgrade or something like that?

Rich
bkshepard
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by bkshepard »

Yes, the battery is an easy fix. Make sure you have a small phillips screwdriver, though. See this article on MOTU's site for specific instructions. I had to make a quick trip to my local battery store once I had the old one out to find the right replacement, but it was easy to find. Good luck.
-Brian

Mac M1 Ultra 20-core, OS 14.3.1, 128 GB RAM, DP 11.3.1, UA Apollo x6
richrut
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

yup

Post by richrut »

thanks so much for the tip. I ran that little battery test on the motu page you sent me to, and sure enough, Base Setup 1 popped back up, so I'll be replacing that battery tomorrow.

One less annoyance in my life. I really appreciate the help.