896HD giving me Audio Dropouts

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
efjay
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

896HD giving me Audio Dropouts

Post by efjay »

i just rebuilt my G5 quad core from the ground up (time to clear some space on the drive!) and reinstalled my software, including the latest MOTU drivers i had on my earlier system and the logic express software.

what's happening is that after i power up the MOTU audio setup will load (as it did before also) but when i play any music - regardless if from the finder or any other program - the audio will drop out every few seconds (clock panel will blink) and then kick back in then drop and kick back in again.

i can't seem to find the problem. i remember once i had a problem with the clock synch where logic's MIDI wasn't synching with the audio trax and the solution was to set the optical output input to ADAT. but i've tried all of the various combinations i can think of and still can't get it to work. every so oftern the unit wil flash a series of lights on its front panel which freeze for a few seconds b4 disappearing.

i really don't know what is different this time. as far as i know i have all settings the same as in the previous system. incidentally i also still have that previous system as a backup and even there the problem is now happening.

i'd really appreciate it if someone could give me some ideas as to how to solvie the problem.
mcoffey

Post by mcoffey »

Hi ef jay

Are you using Quict Time Pro at the same time to run Qt movies ?
if you are - check out my second posting under "Quictime Audio conflict ? bad audio" posted yesterday . I found by running the non Pro version of QT 7.1 that my audio problems seemed to be solved

Hope this helps

Marsha Coffey
efjay

Post by efjay »

thx marsha, i discovered the problem had to do with FW800 after drives i had connected were getting ejected. once i disconnected those the problem went away.

cheers from salzburg austria