aggregate device in audio desk

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
randrohe
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

aggregate device in audio desk

Post by randrohe »

Hello All,

I am currently using an Ultralite and a 8Pre. I have these set up as an aggregate device which I use w/ Ableton LIve 5. In audio desk, there is no aggregate device which shows up.. It lists my interfaces separately.. Is there a way to use all interfaces at once?? I am just trying to dig into audiodesk a little deeper as Live is not an ideal daw for my purposes.. thanx in advance, rand
randrohe

Post by randrohe »

anybody know? I posted this same question about 5 months ago and there was no response then. this seems to be a very no nonsense forum, and as this is a legit question, i was sure i would get at least a yes or no.........anyone????
Pappy725
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by Pappy725 »

Hey Rand,
Sorry no one's had an answer for you, maybe this will help. I have the 8pre and an 828mkII, with the 8Pre lightpiped into the 828. It shows uo as one unit in DP when you do it that way. Does the Ultralight have a lightpipe input? Not real familiar with that unit. Try that and see what happens.
Stephen
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013)
2.4 GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, OS High Sierra 10.13.2, DP8.07, 256GB SSD
828mkII, 8Pre, Alesis M1 Active Mk2, Ext. FW drives, Yamaha fretless bass, Kay upright bass, Wechter acoustic/electric, trombone, baritone and a proclivity for polka music. (With sufficient quantities of beer) and I play country music.
nick danger

Post by nick danger »

Ultralite doesn't have lightpipe, but it looks like you should be able to link them via firewire. Not sure, but you might also need to use one of the analog inputs or outputs for SMPTE sync.

http://www.motu.com/products/motuaudio/ ... tures.html
randrohe

Post by randrohe »

Thank you for your time. I have these successfully set up as an aggregate device which I use w/ Ableton Live. I gather that DP sees an aggregate device, but I am exploring Audio Desk and am not able to find it in the prefs. Thanks Again