828mkII on Vista???

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
Supermuckl
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by Supermuckl »

im using 828 firewire with xp64 @ 4gig a long time
its very stable and works fine

now i tried on vista x64 and it wont work at all
i can edit my levels over the cuemix software and can select the asio outputs of my motu device in cubase 4 but when i play anything in cubase, it will not play it in my soundcard output ;)

i remember to the creativelabs x-fi drivers with 4gig problem
the eax features in the first creative x-fi drivers for xp x64 driver was not working for 4gig ram

i was able to workaround with boot.ini "maxmem" parameter to bring xp64 to 3gig ram and it worked fine

now creative has fixed his drivers for x64 with 4gig ram and it works!

i think its the same prob here at motu x64 with 4gig @ vista (remember - at xp64 it works fine for me)
Wadge
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by Wadge »

I am looking to get my first recording setup and ideally I wanted either an 828 or a 2408. From what I can gather the best bet is to use xp pro x64. That way I don't need to fork out extra money for a pci-424 card and can get a second hand 2408 with a pci-324 card. Would anyone dispute xp pro x64 being the best option?
yapweiliang
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by yapweiliang »

I think before you choose 64 bit operating system, make sure you have drivers for all your hardware.
AgincourtDB
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by AgincourtDB »

MOTU has a beta driver for x64 windows (including Vista) that has solved the 4G problem at least here at Chez Agincourt. Drop them a techlink... that's how I got my grubby little hands on it.
-Dave B (aggie)