G5 1.8 Duel

Macintosh software/hardware discussion and troubleshooting

Moderator: James Steele

artie
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

G5 1.8 Duel

Post by artie »

I've just upgraded to DP 5.12 and love it. I don't like, however, the response that I'm getting as far as editing and adding effects on the fly like I used to with 4.6. I have 5.5 Gig of ram.

When I edit on the fly the audio cuts off. I have to stop and replay. Does any one know what may be needed to work like 4.6.

Thank you

artie
Frodo

Post by Frodo »

Hi artie: Welcome!

LOL! I think using 4.6x may be the answer to that one! :P

Yes, I've noticed that quantizing cuts off audio, and sometimes doing things "on the fly" will not only cut off audio but can crash DP 5.x entirely.

Dunno why-- DP 5.x seems okay at first, but I'm discovering it's really a bit pickier about a lot of things. I notice it less on my G5, but am having a dickens of a time on my MacPro right now.
6,1 MacPro, 96GB RAM, macOS Monterey 12.7, macOS 10.14, DP9.52
artie

Thanks

Post by artie »

You would think that by having all the processing power there'd be no issues. I just guess we'd have to chuck it up to bugs again. I hope they have an update soon. Thanks for the response.

artie

PS

Good luck with you Pro Mac.
Frodo

Post by Frodo »

Thanks, artie. Good luck to you, too.

Hey-- before you disappear, you may want to check out various threads in the Digital Performer forum about 5.11 and 5.12. I'm glad 5.12 is otherwise doing fine by you.
6,1 MacPro, 96GB RAM, macOS Monterey 12.7, macOS 10.14, DP9.52
artie

Post by artie »

Thanks again, I will.
artie

Post by artie »

I just found out how to apply effects on the fly with out the audio shutting off. The effect that you apply must be chance to real time in the little dialog window of the effect. It won't even skip. Just incase you didn't know. Just thought I'd post that.

artie