Canopus ADVC110 not showing in new Tiger OS

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
asymonds
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Canopus ADVC110 not showing in new Tiger OS

Post by asymonds »

Hi everyone,

I recently upgraded my OS to Tiger, which went pretty flawlessly except that in the Video Output menu in the Movie window I no longer have the DVCPRO and DVCPRO50 options available. In other words DP 5.01 doesn't seem to see the Canopus ADVC110.

iChat and iMovie can see the device without any problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Aaron
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Perhaps someone could chime in and see if maybe DP 5.12 will see it?
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta 4, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
logo80

Post by logo80 »

I had the same problem with my advc 55. I tried anything but it didn't work, untill I simply reinstall the whole system... BUT... I think that the problems start when you're using many video servers (you have notice that you can't use the canopus in more than one app per time), so a trick should be to open activity monitor and shut down every apps or process that can use the canopus... such ichat, imovie etc etc.
Regards, Lorenzo
p.s. I don't work a lot with video so I really don't master this kind of problem and I don't know what processes to kill.
asymonds

Post by asymonds »

Reinstalled quicktime which solved the issue.

Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions!