Ethno Instrument blank white screen?

Moderator: James Steele

reelaudio
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Ethno Instrument blank white screen?

Post by reelaudio »

Hi all

I was wondering if anyone has encountered a blank white screen when Ethno Instrument launches after installation. I have reinstalled twice and also upgraded to 1.0.1, but that hasn't helped matters.

I am running OS 10.3.9 on a G4 1.2Ghz.

I currently have two ati rage video cards, and believe that this may be the problem. But if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. I am upgrading the video cards to a ati radeon 9200, hope this solves the problem. I have two emails in to motu support but haven't heard anything and every time I try to call it is busy. I guess they are little busy.

thanks

Jon
mhschmieder

Post by mhschmieder »

This happened to me last night for the first time, then it crashed (in standalone mode).

As soon as I killed Firefox, I was able to bring it up properly again.

I normally kill such apps first, but these days I am doing a lot of product comparisons, so sometimes play live through a VI and then compare to a posted demo of another product on some website.

I suspect you just didn't have enough available RAM at the time you brought up Ethno, as was the case for me last night.
reelaudio

New video card fixed my problem

Post by reelaudio »

Apparently my video cards were so old that they could not handle the graphics. Installed an ati radeon 9200 and everything is working properly.

thanks for the reply,

Jon