Ethno not starting up at any point, ever (OSX)

Moderator: James Steele

npearson713
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Ethno not starting up at any point, ever (OSX)

Post by npearson713 »

Hey everybody, I'm glad I found this community. Once this program's up and running, I bet I'll be back frequently posting material I come up with! Anyway, I've got a problem getting the software started.

I'm running a 17" iMac, OSX 10.4.9, System Update doesn't have anything new for me to install (which leads me to believe I'm up to date on drivers, etc), and my system easily meets all the minimum requirements.

I followed the instructions exactly as printed in the manual. The aliases are properly named in the proper Applications Support folder, and the iLok is in the back of the machine. When I click on the Ethno icon, it does absolutely nothing. There isn't even a mechanical sound that would lead me to think that it knew had clicked something. The icon animation expands out like all applications do in OSX, but after that, nothing.

I figured this was because it wasn't a universal Intel Mac product (even though the box says it is...) so I went to MOTU's site and downloaded the lastest version: 1.0.1 ... the one I had installed was just 1.0 . This didn't fix the problem either.

I see some people here have tied this to an ATI video problem, but I don't think I have an ATI card in here... does Mac even use ActiveX? I used to be a Windows power user, but I'm a bit behind in the Mac realm... usually they "just work." This is kind of baffeling though!

Thanks for the help, and I can't wait to be a member of this community!
Nate
npearson713
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

I solved my own problem!

Post by npearson713 »

Well guys, I actually was able to figure this one out! I found on a MOTU site that I needed to manually install the update for 10.4.9, because the System Update installed it strangely or something. Here's a link to the Apple site that MOTU linked to in their site:

http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/ ... intel.html

The download is the blue "310MB" on the right column. I don't know why it worked, only that it did! Sorry I couldn't be of more help there, but if someone else has a similar problem, maybe this update will work for them too.

Good luck, and write well!
Nate