***WELL....I asked and She said YES YES YES!!***

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
BradLyons
Primary DAW OS: Windows

***WELL....I asked and She said YES YES YES!!***

Post by BradLyons »

Without question, the most amazing evening of my life--and everything went perfect. We had an amazing dinner, got to talk about what we talk about, and when dinner was over.... I gave her a card telling her how I feel and informed her there would be a vase (in her favorite color) coming with 1/2 dozen red roses to signify each month we've been dating, but actually there were only (5)--she would need to stand up so that I could personally give her the 6th red rose. Then, I slowly got down on my knee and pulled out the ring--she went into shock, everyone in the intimate restaurant started looking and waiting---then the question, it seemed like forever waiting for the answer....it was YES! :-) Then I everyone in restaurant started clapping and wishing us congrats! After I put the ring on her finger and we sat there in tears looking at each other, we had the most amazing dessert.

Yes, I truly am a lucky man!

Thank you,
Brad Lyons
db AUDIO & VIDEO
-Systems Advisor, CTS
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by James Steele »

Awww, Brad... you such a romantic!! :-) Seriously man... congratulations to you!!! That's wonderful news and thanks so much for sharing it with us here! :-)

Oh... this deserves a "sticky" too!!!
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta 4, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
toofar

Post by toofar »

Brad, thanks for that wonderful report, and a hearty congratulations to the both of you! May you grow closer with every passing year.

Bill
iMac 3.2GHz 6-core i7 & Mojave | Audient iD14 | DP 10.0.1 | MIDI Express XT | G4 dual 1 ghz MDD & Tiger | 2408 mk3 (x2) | A-500 PRO | Rosetta 200 | Toft ATC-2 | Mackie VLZ3 | JBLs | DP 4.6 | Live | 'n stuff
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

Bravo! And she's a beautiful woman! Yes, you're a lucky guy, Brad. But then... I think she's not doing too badly in this deal. ;)

Thanks for sharing. I was thinking about you two AS IT WAS HAPPENING, so that had to be a good sign!

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
Frodo

Post by Frodo »

Great going, Brad!!

She couldn't have said anything else OTHER than 'yes'!!

A big congrats!! :lol: :lol:
6,1 MacPro, 96GB RAM, macOS Monterey 12.7, macOS 10.14, DP9.52
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

Frodo's right, and that's perhaps the most amazing thing about it. We ask, terrified of rejection. It comes as such a surprise to find that someone actually WANTS us. That we could be the object of THEIR dreams, as well. Of course, there's always that chance. And that's what makes it so special.

Hey, you got a tear out of me, too!

Memory of a lifetime. Enjoy.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

Well done, Brad!

Congratulations to both of you.
She looks like such a sweetie, too!
I'm so very happy for you both, man.

Your sharing this part of the journey with us has been our privilege.
I've been away this week, so am relieved to have not missed the news.
Dang, I'm getting a little emotional over this turn of events.
I very much agree with what Shooshie said when he wrote:Frodo's right, and that's perhaps the most amazing thing about it. We ask, terrified of rejection. It comes as such a surprise to find that someone actually WANTS us. That we could be the object of THEIR dreams, as well. Of course, there's always that chance. And that's what makes it so special.
Hey, you got a tear out of me, too!
Memory of a lifetime. Enjoy.
Shooshie
I can only imagine this feeling; it must be mind-blowing.

All the best, and I hope your relationship develops from strength to strength, Brad.
Well done!
Nicky

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
Phil O

Post by Phil O »

Don't read the rest of this until you have a glass in hand.

Ok. Now that you're back...

Raise your glass and repeat after me, "Here's to Brad and his fiancee. May you both share a happy and prosperous life together."

Now cornies, drink. :D :D :D :D

Phil
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
Phil O

Post by Phil O »

Umm, hey Brad. What's her name?

Phil
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Phil O wrote:Umm, hey Brad. What's her name?

Phil
You guys know how this goes. For the next year it's gonna be "Sweetie, Hunny Bunny," and all those syrupy sweet pet names... but yes, Brad, do tell us the first name of the future Mrs. Lyons! :D

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta 4, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

James Steele wrote:
Phil O wrote:Umm, hey Brad. What's her name?

Phil
You guys know how this goes. For the next year it's gonna be "Sweetie, Hunny Bunny," and all those syrupy sweet pet names... but yes, Brad, do tell us the first name of the future Mrs. Lyons! :D
Oh, and now it's time to talk to Chuck about starting a bridal registry at Sweetwater! Hehe...

HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

Congrats Brad. :D :D :D :D :D
HC Markus
M1 Mac Studio Ultra • 64GB RAM • 828es • macOS 13.6.4 • DP 11.31
chrispick
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by chrispick »

Congrats!

And welcome to your second, full-time job! :D :D :D
BradLyons
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by BradLyons »

Thanks guys, I appreciate it and the comments! :lol: Her name is Alison, I jokingly called her "Mrs. Lyons" before she left. hehe 8) It truly was a magical evening, the restaurant was recommended to me as a small, but very intimate, place with amazing food and oh was the food incredible. Sadly, the entire dinner for me was interesting because I KNEW what was going to happen....when I became full, I realized "uuuuh ohhhhh". The funny thing was the keyword to start everything was asking for the dessert menu, well when SHE asked for it first--I was thinking "oh crap"! LOL Little did she know what she just started! :twisted:
Thank you,
Brad Lyons
db AUDIO & VIDEO
-Systems Advisor, CTS
donreynolds

Post by donreynolds »

The Bible says thar when a man finds a wife, he finds a good thing. A good wife will complete you , not defeat you!!

Congratulations Brad.

Don
DP 9, MacPro 2.93/8 core/22 Gb RAM. OS X 10.11.6, 13"Macbook PRO 2.66 Duo, OS 10.11.6 El Capitan, 2xWD 150gig Raptor x 2, x3 My Book Studio 1 & 2Tb drive x 2, DP 7.24, BLA/Motu 896 HD x 2, BLA microclock ll, Presonus Central Station, Waves Plat. V7 , Slate Everything, Melodyne studio, SSD 5, TruePianos, Scuffham S-Gear, Alpha Track, Event 20/20 bas, Adam A7, and other toys, Lotsa guitars, HeadRush GTR processor and a Korg Triton)