MAC Epson Color Stylus Photo R320 Printer cd software

Macintosh software/hardware discussion and troubleshooting

Moderator: James Steele

taggart
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Kind of On Subject...

Post by taggart »

Hey, Timeline
Did you ever get an error message "The EPSON printer driver dealing with CD printing is not installed"?
I've got the R220 printer and I've installed, uninstalled, and installed everything about three times now and I still get the error. It WILL print normal documents such as PDF's and things like that, but it WON'T print from the PrintCD application.
And I HAVE printed onto CD's before with this same setup, except it's been about a year since I've done it.
Just wondering if you had any thought on the matter. Thanks! :D
Taggart
Mac Mini
DP 11
Reason, and various plug-ins, VI's and such.
Timeline

Post by Timeline »

I know. I had to buy the disk from Epson and now i can print cd's in 10.4.9 but Film Factory is down. Epson really sucks.
stephentayler

Re: Kind of On Subject...

Post by stephentayler »

taggart wrote:Hey, Timeline
Did you ever get an error message "The EPSON printer driver dealing with CD printing is not installed"?
I've got the R220 printer and I've installed, uninstalled, and installed everything about three times now and I still get the error. It WILL print normal documents such as PDF's and things like that, but it WON'T print from the PrintCD application.
And I HAVE printed onto CD's before with this same setup, except it's been about a year since I've done it.
Just wondering if you had any thought on the matter. Thanks! :D
Hi

I just got an R230 while on the road in Australia

at first I had similar problems, but when I tried the 'Update Printer Information' from the File menu ( in PrintCD ) it has worked ever since

kind regards

Stephen
Stephen W Tayler: Sound Artist
http://www.chimera-arts.com
http://ostinatomusic.com
http://stephentayler.com

Mac Pro 16Gb RAM, OSX 10.10, DP 8, PT 11, Logic 9.1.8, MOTU Traveler, Ultralite Mk 3 Hybrid, MC MIx, MOTU VIs, Waves, Izotope Everything, Spectrasonics, SoundToys, Slate, Softube, NI , spl Surround Monitor Controller, spl Auditor Headphone amp, Genelec 1031A, 1029 5.1 system, Sontronics Mics, iPad etc..
Timeline

Post by Timeline »

It's not that it doesn't work, it's that Film Factory is not working.
I can print through Photoshop CS2 ok.
taggart

Re: Kind of On Subject...

Post by taggart »

stephentayler wrote: Hi

I just got an R230 while on the road in Australia

at first I had similar problems, but when I tried the 'Update Printer Information' from the File menu ( in PrintCD ) it has worked ever since

kind regards

Stephen
Hi, Stephen!
Thank you so much for your reply. I'll try your advice once I get home tonight. I don't know why I didn't try that before. :?
Anyway, I also enjoyed looking through your web site. A lot of great music from my high school days. I think "The Getaway" is probably my favorite Chris DeBurgh album. (Yes, I still call them "albums" :D )
Take care!
Taggart
Mac Mini
DP 11
Reason, and various plug-ins, VI's and such.