Bob Moog is dead.

For discussion of the music business in general

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
For discussion of the music business in general from studio administration, contracts, artist promotion, gigging, etc.
Shooshie
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Bob Moog is dead.

Post by Shooshie »

I wouldn't normally post that in this forum, but Bob Moog isn't just anyone. I don't think I need to explain to anyone here just what Bob Moog did for our little world of virtual instruments (including the kind that come in rack-mount boxes and with keyboards stuck to them). Moog changed music. He changed our lives. All of us here know how much we owe to him. Sure, someone else would have eventually done it, and others were doing it, but none did it like Bob did. Today will be a sad day for musicians around the world. Our little garage technology grew up. It's not a kid anymore. Neither are we who play with it. And our daddy just passed away.

Rest in peace, Bob.

Shooshie

<small>[ August 22, 2005, 05:55 AM: Message edited by: Shooshie ]</small>
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
Timeline

Re: Bob Moog is dead.

Post by Timeline »

Wow! bump
2009 Intel 12 core 3.46, 64GB, OSX.10.14.6, Mojave, DP11, MTPAV, Key-station 49,(2) RME FF800,
DA-3000 DSF-5.6mhz, Mackie Control. Hofa DDP Pro, FB@ http://www.facebook.com/garybrandt2
hammerman

Post by hammerman »

Bob did a seminar when I was at Berklee. My first synth was a Moog Rogue. He leaves behind a huge legacy. RIP Bob.
M2 Mac Studio Ultra - 64 GB RAM - Sonoma - DP 11
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

A sad day for us, and my heart goes out to his family and close friends.

<small>[ August 22, 2005, 06:41 AM: Message edited by: BKK-OZ ]</small>
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
Fibes

Post by Fibes »

Bob was a great man with a great mind and gave so much to music without asking much in return.

Time to crank up the Mini...
Fibes

"You can like it, or not like it."
-----------------------------------
DP 7.24, 12 Core 2.66, Reason, Live, UAD-2 full meal deal, Sonalksis 315 & 517, DUY Everpack, Altiverb 6, Apptrigga, Autotune 5, OHM Force Experience, Audio Damage Dishord/Adverb/Dubstation, PSP full meal deal, Camelphat/Space, Wave Arts Power pack and many more.
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
sdfalk

Post by sdfalk »

Very sad day indeed
A 2018 Mac mini with 16 gb of ram
HUGE bunch o' AU instruments/fx...
A Metric Halo ULN8-3D…mmmmmmm
Remember to eat all your fruits and vegetables!
My OS is The amazingly gratuitous 10.14
dougieb

Post by dougieb »

LONG LIVE BOB MOOG!

Thank you for everything!
Archer

Post by Archer »

We lose a great man.... Love the sound of Moog synths....RIP
Timeline

Post by Timeline »

I want to add, although it dates me, a little story on how the Moog followed me in my career.

When I was 19 and got my first audio engineering gig, Gary Usher of CBS invited me to the "Switched on Bach" playback party of Mulholland drive in the Hollywood hills. http://www.garyusher.com/

I remember how our jaws dropped when the first cut was played.

I never met Bob at the party although he was there. There were way too many people around. Standing room only

I did see one of Moogs workshops in Silver Lake quite a few years later. I also worked with knew Malcolm Cecil who had one of the premiere Moogs he called Tonto.

We housed this beast in our studios, Alpha Studios Burbank, for a while until Malcolm could find space elsewhere.
2009 Intel 12 core 3.46, 64GB, OSX.10.14.6, Mojave, DP11, MTPAV, Key-station 49,(2) RME FF800,
DA-3000 DSF-5.6mhz, Mackie Control. Hofa DDP Pro, FB@ http://www.facebook.com/garybrandt2
thracks

Post by thracks »

He died too soon. Truly a legendary man. He made this world a better place.

http://www.wendycarlos.com/
Steve

2020 Mac Mini | Ventura | 828x |
kwiz

Post by kwiz »

Originally posted by hammerman:
Bob did a seminar when I was at Berklee. My first synth was a Moog Rogue. He leaves behind a huge legacy. RIP Bob.
Same here. My first keyboard ever was a Xmas present from my Mom in 1983. It was a Moog Rogue. Years later I sampled the hell out of that thing into a S950 due to the lack of presets on the Rogue........I miss that little keyboard.

RIP Bob Moog.
Great family and friends!

Mac Studio M2 Max, MacPro 8 core (trashcan), MacBook Pro 16 in 2023, OSX Ventura, DP 11, Pro Tools, Logic Pro X, Motu 112D, 24Ao, 8M, 896 MKIII, UA Apollo 16, Waves Horizon, Slate Everything Bundle, Plugin Alliance Bundle, UAD-2 Satellite DSP Accelerator, UAD Apollo Twin.
Native Instruments Komplete 14 Ultimate, Console 1 MKIII w/C1 Fader

"Without struggle, there is no progress"

F. Douglas