Band Name Trivia

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
rentadrummer
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Band Name Trivia

Post by rentadrummer »

There are 70 band names represented in this picture: (It says 75, but there are only 70)

http://img507.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... jpg3nq.jpg

Some are very obvious, like the 20 on the ground made up of match boxes, which would be Matchbox 20, while others are a little more difficult.

I have the link to the answers, so if anyone wants it posted, let me know. I thought I'd wait a few days.
Ron
Frodo

Post by Frodo »

I would have never recognized Matchbox 20-- some of them are very difficult.

I got 8 of them right away, but I can tell this is going to be a great way to proscrastinate... :P
6,1 MacPro, 96GB RAM, macOS Monterey 12.7, macOS 10.14, DP9.52
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

Here are the ones I was able to recognize:
[edit]
Sorry,

Didn't realize I shouldn't list my answers here. And I should have realized it. How stupid!
Ok, answers deleted.

For the record, I had 33 that I was pretty sure of, and 14 guesses.

[/edit]
Last edited by Shooshie on Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

I went looking for a guide to the picture, and in the process found another picture that was longer, and it had the Pet Shop Boys and a couple of others off to the left side. Like an idiot, I closed it, and now I can't find it. I've been through my history files and everything. I can't figure it out. I've looked all through Google to find it, but all I can find now is the same reduced picture, over and over.

Edit: I found another version of it: here. It's been reconstructed, as explained here.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
rentadrummer

Post by rentadrummer »

That's a much better photo - thanks - but maybe you should delete your answers because it makes it easier if you know who to look for in advance.
Ron
Frodo

Post by Frodo »

I didn't think we were supposed to post our findings, were we?

But in any case, the snake is Whitesnake...

It's still way too early to think too hard-- more later.
Last edited by Frodo on Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
jarok

Post by jarok »

And I was looking for Black Eyed Peas but... no dice.
rentadrummer

Post by rentadrummer »

Frodo wrote:I didn't think we were supposed to post our findings, were we?
You're right, and it's my fault. I probably should have suggested that we don't post our answers until everyone had a chance to look at it first.
Ron
Frodo

Post by Frodo »

rentadrummer wrote:
Frodo wrote:I didn't think we were supposed to post our findings, were we?
You're right, and it's my fault. I probably should have suggested that we don't post our answers until everyone had a chance to look at it first.
LOL!!

All that means is that Shooshie is as keen or keener than I'd already imagined him to be!! Nothing appears to stump that guy!!