Songs completed in DP, you'll like em

Share music created in Digital Performer
Forum rules
This forum is where you can post links to sound files of your projects created in Digital Performer in order to get feedback. You may also plug your band and announce live performances.
daddyunicorn
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Songs completed in DP, you'll like em

Post by daddyunicorn »

Band I work with just released a 5 song album, strictly for download only. We made no CD's. Direct to iTunes. It's a new concept that we feel will be the norm in about 7 years.
You can check out 2 of the songs on http://www.myspace.com/postmen
Coffee Girl for all you mid life crisis guys, and The Karaoke King which is the main title for the upcoming Film of the same name.

Everything done in the Box.

comments?
if anyone wants to know specifics, like plugs or mics or mic pres, just ask.
Dual G5 2.0 (pre-intel), 2408iii, DA7, WR-AD96, c1's, api312's, 10.4.10, DP 5.12, mach 5, Waves Gold., pc88, 2080, Reason 3, logic 8pro, Antares AutoTune, red lava lamp
AlMacMeister

Post by AlMacMeister »

I liked the cover concept and the style of the songs (even though that's not the style of music I normally listen to).

Got a good laugh out of some the lyrics! (listened on iTunes)

I am planning on releasing new material using the same method as you guys did; don't want to bother with pressing cd's. I agree, it's the way of the future.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Superb. Esp, Coffee Girl and Rabbit Valley. Clever lyrics. Excellent production & mix. Good performances. I love harmony. Congrats!
recording: Mac Mini 2018 - 32GB RAM - 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7 - two Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 - OS 12.7.4 - DP 11.23
mixing: MacPro7,1 - 256GB RAM - 2.7 GHz 24-Core Intel Xeon W - Focusrite Scarlett Solo - OS 12.7.4 - DP 11.23
Both computers: Kontakt Komplete 13 VIs and effects. Effects: FabFilter, Sonnox Oxford, SSL, PSP, UA, iZotope. VIs: Cherry Audio, AIR Tech, GForce, AAS, East-West, Garritan, Best Service, Kilohearts, Brainworx, UA