Our piano

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
twistedtom
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Our piano

Post by twistedtom »

This is a photo of our piano from a recent photo shoot.
I put a DP5 logo over the parts that may be objectionable.
The piano is a Decker Brothers of New York and came around the horn in a boat.
Mac Pro 2.8G 8 core,16G ram, 500GB SSD, 2x2TB HD.s 3TB HD, Extn Backup HDs,Nvd 8800 & ATI 5770 video cards,DP8 on OS 10.6.8 and OS 10.8; MOTU 424PCIe, MOTU 2408; Micro express. Video editing deck on firewire, a bunch of plug-ins and VI's.Including; MX3 and M5-3. FCP, Adobe Production Bundle CS6. PCM88mx, some vintage synths linked by MIDI. Mackie 16-4 is my main mixers
, kelsey and Yamaha mixers, Rack of gear. Guitars, piano, PA and more stuff.
jgest

Re: Our piano

Post by jgest »

twistedtom wrote:This is a photo of our piano from a recent photo shoot.
Nothing objectionable here.........yum! :D
Macbook pro, 3 gigs of ram, osx 10.62, Dp 5.13, Live 8.1.2, Reason 4, Tc powercore Virus, Albino 3.02, proper ergonomic sitting posture, plenty of coffee (french press only with a pinch of cardamon added)
My dp inspired music.....
http://www.myspace.com/aislingbeing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.myspace.com/wigginsmaroo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.mp3.com.au/artist.asp?id=10004" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RCory

Post by RCory »

What the heck?!? :shock:

I think you should not post this picture here...

btw, nice clock!
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

twistedtom wrote:This is a photo of our piano from a recent photo shoot.
That's amazing! She can play with her back to the piano! How does she hold down the pedals when it calls for 2 at the same time? I'm guessing that if she faces the piano, she could play the lowest bass and the highest chord, plus an octave in the middle of the keyboard. Quite a feat! Absolutely lovely. Nice piano and clock, too.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
sdfalk

Post by sdfalk »

Piano?
chrispick
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by chrispick »

This picture looks like it's straight out of one of those "Learn Boudoir Photography" books.

Tremendous.
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

I used to be a piano tuner technician and I can tell you the knobs need polishing. BIG TIIME.

Since you are a member of Unicornation, I am happy to provide this service at not charge...
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
twistedtom

Post by twistedtom »

The girl actually dose play piano well, she teaches music and is a singer. We are thinking of doing a music video, it will be good. We did a number of traditional sets as well as a bunch of green screen work this day.
I have been working with different models. I do a lot of combining 3d with photos then using painter and Photoshop to finish them. A lot of my work looks like MLC••™s new avatar. I am also doing this with video. Special effects in video jump the complexity up a bunch. I am doing a series of shorts and creating surround sound tracks for them.
I chose a photo that was not much worse than what you would see in ads in the news paper and put the DP5 logo on the places that got an ageing pop star in trouble at half time.
I hope this is not too much but I feel it is a nice photo of the piano.

Any way what are the problems I may face tuning a Victorian piano to modern a modern tuning (440)?
Mac Pro 2.8G 8 core,16G ram, 500GB SSD, 2x2TB HD.s 3TB HD, Extn Backup HDs,Nvd 8800 & ATI 5770 video cards,DP8 on OS 10.6.8 and OS 10.8; MOTU 424PCIe, MOTU 2408; Micro express. Video editing deck on firewire, a bunch of plug-ins and VI's.Including; MX3 and M5-3. FCP, Adobe Production Bundle CS6. PCM88mx, some vintage synths linked by MIDI. Mackie 16-4 is my main mixers
, kelsey and Yamaha mixers, Rack of gear. Guitars, piano, PA and more stuff.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Okay... I took out the image. Seriously... that doesn't need to be posted here okay. I have a hard enough time weeding out the borderline stuff from the bots. If I haven't made the policy clear (because I didn't think I *had* to), pics of topless women with tiny graphics to cover the nipples aren't allowed on the board okay?
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!