URL'S AND AVATARS

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
Guitar Gaz
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

URL'S AND AVATARS

Post by Guitar Gaz »

Its pathetic I know but I have tried to get my own avatar in my profile - I have a picture in jpg of less than 6k and less than 96x96 pixels and it it is on my .mac website photo album - and posting the reference to that
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
should in theory be the URL? But the site says my URL is not valid.

Help please - I am backward in setting up my own web pages etc and presumably have got confused here - an idiot's guide please!
Last edited by Guitar Gaz on Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gary Shepherd
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7.4, 64 bit, Digital Performer 11.3, Studio One 6.6 Professional, Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Editor, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.72, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
philbrown

Re: URL'S AND AVATARS

Post by philbrown »

Look at your URL -You're referencing an html photo album not the jpg. The link does work but brings up a photo album page not the jpg.
Here is what my .mac avatar URL looks like:

http://homepage.mac.com/philmarybrown/. ... /this1.jpg

AFAIK you need to copy the picture to your Public folder, or a folder inside the Public folder. If you do that and follow the URL syntax in mine, substituting your info it should work fine.
HTH
Phil
jarok

Post by jarok »

Hi

I have my avatar here:

http://my.imageshack.us/

It is easy to manage pictures there.

jarok
Guitar Gaz

Post by Guitar Gaz »

Thanks for the tips ! As you can tell I have neglected this side of things ....thanks
Gary Shepherd
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7.4, 64 bit, Digital Performer 11.3, Studio One 6.6 Professional, Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Editor, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.72, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
Guitar Gaz

Post by Guitar Gaz »

It worked - thanks (sad though I am!)....was it worth it? At least it works.......
Gary Shepherd
alobonzo

Post by alobonzo »

thanks for the info, hope mine is on now....
PB G4+Presonus Firestudio+DP
iMac Core2Duo + Cubase4+Toneport UX2
Apple Certified Trainer - Final Cut Pro 6