Of MySpace and Aluminum Foil Hats

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
monkey man
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by monkey man »

Jimbo, you could just say, "I haven't noticed, and if I do one day, I'll ignore it".
Kinda decouples you from the whole thing.

You're gonna have to get close to this character in order to really figure him out.
That's one stone I'd be happy to leave unturned.
Shame.

Best ignore it, mate. :wink:

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
twistedtom

Post by twistedtom »

James who is this guy? I live out side of Portland I am afraid to meet him as I am a brunet. MLC you are too funny, I almost S- my self.

I know people are talking about me being paranoid.
:roll:
Mac Pro 2.8G 8 core,16G ram, 500GB SSD, 2x2TB HD.s 3TB HD, Extn Backup HDs,Nvd 8800 & ATI 5770 video cards,DP8 on OS 10.6.8 and OS 10.8; MOTU 424PCIe, MOTU 2408; Micro express. Video editing deck on firewire, a bunch of plug-ins and VI's.Including; MX3 and M5-3. FCP, Adobe Production Bundle CS6. PCM88mx, some vintage synths linked by MIDI. Mackie 16-4 is my main mixers
, kelsey and Yamaha mixers, Rack of gear. Guitars, piano, PA and more stuff.
Spikey Horse
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Of MySpace and Aluminum Foil Hats

Post by Spikey Horse »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:
Shooshie wrote:LOL!!! You oughta be a comedy writer, MLC. Seriously. Step away from the piano, now... ;)

Shooshie
You are not the first to tell me that. But I cannot step away (step down for those who like Seinfeld) just yet. Important gig tomorrow - Oscar Nominee Luncheon - 90 minutes solo pre-show... YIKES!
Why not combine the two?

Les Dawson did alright out of it.

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:

DON'T SAY THAT! Last year, half way into the gig, the pedals fell off the piano!......

- and he never let technical difficulties faze him either.
jgest

Post by jgest »

James, refer him to me. Being from jersey I love to have fun with fruit cakes. Maybe he likes apples. I'll slap around a lil, how bout them apples. Considering my bald head, I used to be a brunnete as well. I'll grow a comb over for this jerky.

In my younger heavy (thrash) metal days, it was always fun being the lone red sea pedestrian amongst all the little dicky white power dudes with their bad (un original) tatoos and all. It helps (and adds to the irony) that I used to love a good fight (in my younger crazy days):oops:

Send sizzle chest my way, I'll have him in shape in no time. :lol:
Macbook pro, 3 gigs of ram, osx 10.62, Dp 5.13, Live 8.1.2, Reason 4, Tc powercore Virus, Albino 3.02, proper ergonomic sitting posture, plenty of coffee (french press only with a pinch of cardamon added)
My dp inspired music.....
http://www.myspace.com/aislingbeing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.myspace.com/wigginsmaroo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.mp3.com.au/artist.asp?id=10004" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

jgest wrote:James, refer him to me. Being from jersey I love to have fun with fruit cakes.
You handle that and I'll get a few of my Brooklyn cousins to take him for a ride to the fairgrounds. I got his YouTube right heeeer! :)
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
jgest

Post by jgest »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:
jgest wrote:James, refer him to me. Being from jersey I love to have fun with fruit cakes.
You handle that and I'll get a few of my Brooklyn cousins to take him for a ride to the fairgrounds. I got his YouTube right heeeer! :)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'll have him sh*t, showered and dressed for sunday school in no time!
I'm good! :twisted:
Macbook pro, 3 gigs of ram, osx 10.62, Dp 5.13, Live 8.1.2, Reason 4, Tc powercore Virus, Albino 3.02, proper ergonomic sitting posture, plenty of coffee (french press only with a pinch of cardamon added)
http://www.myspace.com/aislingbeing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.myspace.com/wigginsmaroo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.mp3.com.au/artist.asp?id=10004" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

Come now, kids; you're being Behringerant. :lol:
Oh, alright; I recommend a 16ch Xenyx over the head, or a V-Verb Pro.

Either that or Monkey could confuse him whilst Magilla inflicts a slow, agonising stream of jokes and Unicorn-humour that'll probably be fatal. :shock:

jgest

Post by jgest »

monkey man wrote:Come now, kids; you're being Behringerant. :lol:
Oh, alright; I recommend a 16ch Xenyx over the head, or a V-Verb Pro.

Either that or Monkey could confuse him whilst Magilla inflicts a slow, agonising stream of jokes and Unicorn-humour that'll probably be fatal. :shock:
Behringerant......... Quite funny. Hope all well in monk land.
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

jgest wrote:Behringerant......... Quite funny. Hope all well in monk land.
Thanks, JG; it's particularly tough at the mo'.
Still, hangin' in, er, up there. :wink:

Hope you're good, and that the alkadiet's rockin' along.
FWIW, monkey's had to go the acidiet a few weeks now (finances), and man, it don't help none! :D

Budmas21

Post by Budmas21 »

So, James... what was your opinion? haha. :D
Budmas21

---------------------------------------------------------
Intel-Mac 17inch, 2.0Ghz Core 2 Duo
2GB RAM
160GB SATA HD
MOTU 896HD
DP 5.13
KRK Rokit 8 Monitors
WD My Book FW Drive
jgest

Post by jgest »

monkey man wrote:
jgest wrote:Behringerant......... Quite funny. Hope all well in monk land.
Thanks, JG; it's particularly tough at the mo'.
Still, hangin' in, er, up there. :wink:

Hope you're good, and that the alkadiet's rockin' along.
FWIW, monkey's had to go the acidiet a few weeks now (finances), and man, it don't help none! :D
Hang in there, it only gets worse! I don't mean it in an insulting way, It's just for creative/right brained peeps, things are very out of place in this complicated, teched out, busy, impersonal, immoral, state of society we have currently. But there is always hope :wink:

My suffering is always a catalyst for creativity, even if the cliche of it all makes me sick (nietzche in da house)
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

jgest wrote:Hang in there, it only gets worse! I don't mean it in an insulting way, It's just for creative/right brained peeps, things are very out of place in this complicated, teched out, busy, impersonal, immoral, state of society we have currently. But there is always hope :wink:

My suffering is always a catalyst for creativity, even if the cliche of it all makes me sick (nietzche in da house)
Spot-on, jgest; we have complete, unadulterated alignment.
Having a moral centre or foundation of any significance seems detrimental these days, at least in the short term.
Must resist the micro-management, knee-jerk mania, lowest common denominator blues, methinks. :lol:

Now, if only I'd been able to fire the rig up the last 3 months, I reckon some daring hittoons would've spewed forth.
Christmas was a killer, twiddlin' the thumbs whilst on "pause".
Now, though, I've a desk and two 24Is sitting in a store and a wholesaler's office, awaiting my final installment.
Trouble is, I've been waiting for a loan to come through and have been left in the dark, on infinite pause, having been put on someone else's backburner.
This thing's dragged on for some time, and sure is character-building.

Phew! I feel much better; thank you.
No biggie, it's just not an ideal backdrop (no solace apart from UN), for coping with the micro-management, knee-jerk mania, lowest common denominator blues! :D

Cheers, champ. :wink:

jgest

Post by jgest »

monkey man wrote:
jgest wrote:Hang in there, it only gets worse! I don't mean it in an insulting way, It's just for creative/right brained peeps, things are very out of place in this complicated, teched out, busy, impersonal, immoral, state of society we have currently. But there is always hope :wink:

Spot-on, jgest; we have complete, unadulterated alignment.
Having a moral centre or foundation of any significance seems detrimental these days, at least in the short term.
Must resist the micro-management, knee-jerk mania, lowest common denominator blues, methinks. :lol:

Now, if only I'd been able to fire the rig up the last 3 months, I reckon some daring hittoons would've spewed forth.
Christmas was a killer, twiddlin' the thumbs whilst on "pause".
Now, though, I've a desk and two 24Is sitting in a store and a wholesaler's office, awaiting my final installment.
Trouble is, I've been waiting for a loan to come through and have been left in the dark, on infinite pause, having been put on someone else's backburner.
This thing's dragged on for some time, and sure is character-building.

Phew! I feel much better; thank you.
No biggie, it's just not an ideal backdrop (no solace apart from UN), for coping with the micro-management, knee-jerk mania, lowest common denominator blues! :D

Cheers, champ. :wink:
I feel you on the finances.........I have to lie, steal, cheat and launder money from my 2 young kids, cat and nagging wife to buy gear. I'm carrying a few balances on stuff that I'll end up taking to the grave,:wink:
My training has adequatley qualified me for a career in politics or public policy.

The irony is I wish it did not have go down that way. Wifey does not know I am a carrier of "gearupgradesitis" syndrome. She would never understand! 8)

And since I don't make a living with digital audio, 3 month hiatus are not uncommon. Honestly, these days I have been on a DP hiatus to force my self to Use abelton Live more. It's such an amazing compliment to DP......
I sketch in it and then mix in DP.
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

jgest wrote:I feel you on the finances.........I have to lie, steal, cheat and launder money from my 2 young kids, cat and nagging wife to buy gear. I'm carrying a few balances on stuff that I'll end up taking to the grave,:wink:
My training has adequatley qualified me for a career in politics or public policy.
The irony is I wish it did not have go down that way. Wifey does not know I am a carrier of "gearupgradesitis" syndrome. She would never understand!
I so totally feel ya; this has been dragging on for more than 2 decades for the apester.

Hey, jgest, it may be prudent not to tell Wifey we're feelin each other. :shock:

twistedtom

Post by twistedtom »

I have Green day on my iPod right now so sing this to punk.
This is me I think

Money it only takes money.
Don't ever have enough \
time and money
this world just consumes me takes it all
and spits back in my face
things I need
or is just my lust for things
Am I just another consumer, consumer.
run to the store forget the bills
I will be happy when I have it in my hands
I'll be happy shopping

Gear slut just a gear slut
give me give me gear
just a gear slut, gear slut
8) :lol: :oops:
Mac Pro 2.8G 8 core,16G ram, 500GB SSD, 2x2TB HD.s 3TB HD, Extn Backup HDs,Nvd 8800 & ATI 5770 video cards,DP8 on OS 10.6.8 and OS 10.8; MOTU 424PCIe, MOTU 2408; Micro express. Video editing deck on firewire, a bunch of plug-ins and VI's.Including; MX3 and M5-3. FCP, Adobe Production Bundle CS6. PCM88mx, some vintage synths linked by MIDI. Mackie 16-4 is my main mixers
, kelsey and Yamaha mixers, Rack of gear. Guitars, piano, PA and more stuff.