Videography magazine article to share...DP mention

Share music created in Digital Performer
Forum rules
This forum is where you can post links to sound files of your projects created in Digital Performer in order to get feedback. You may also plug your band and announce live performances.
bralston
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Videography magazine article to share...DP mention

Post by bralston »

Hey guys,

I just wanted to share with you all an article/interview that was written about me and my score for the film 9/tenths. I have previously menitoned the film in (this) UN thread.

The article appeared in the "Park City Digital Report" throughout Sundance this month. The PC Digital Report is published by Videography Magazine and HD House. 40,000 copies of the Digital Report are distributed throughout Park City, UT and Salt Lake City, UT every year.

The article "9/tenths - Behind The Music", on page 2 of issue two, was on me and my score for the film 9/Tenths. A web version of the article can be read here.

http://www.videography.com/articles/article_14689.shtml
or
http://www.uemedia.net/CPC/editorsnet/a ... 5783.shtml

Though, obviously not in depth (due to space) as the type of technical articles one would find in other music focused publications like Virtual Instruments Magazine, etc...it is rare for a Magazine focused on independant filmmakers, producers, cinematographers, and editors to print an article looking into what we do as composers in post and the tools we use. Maybe articles like this can further help us composers in getting the production folks to understand a little more about what we do and how we do it. Along with my plug in there to use live musicians whenever possible.

I was very pleased how the article came out.

I will post a jpg image of the actual print article on my website as soon as I can. It was pretty cool as the article took up most of one whole page...with an image still from the movie, etc...

While walking around and meeting festival attendees on the street in Park City...I was surprised to find that quite a few had heard of the movie 9/Tenths and subsequently me as a result of this article at the festival. Many came to our screenings because of the article. It was a very cool experience.

Maybe I should let MOTU know about this brief DP mention... hmmmmmm... :wink:
Regards,

Brian Ralston

- MacPro 7,1 3.2 GHz 16-core Intel Xeon W, 384GB 2933MHz DDR4 RAM, OS 10.15.7, 2TB SSD OS drive, 6TB Samsung Pro EVOPlus SSDs via Sonnet 4x4 M.2 PCIe card, Graphics card: AMD Radeon Pro Vega II 32GB, UAD-2 Quad, DP 10.13, DP 11.0,
- 15" MacBook Pro 2.3GHz 8‑core 9th‑generation Intel Core i9 processor, Turbo Boost to 4.8GHz, 32GB 2400MHz DDR4 mem, Radeon Pro Vega 20 w/4GB HBM2 mem, 2TB SSD storage, OS 10.15.7, 2TB SSD, DP 10.13