Can't load chunks

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
schwarz
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Can't load chunks

Post by schwarz »

I've recorded several songs, all in seperate DP- Projects (4.52 and 10.3). Now I'm going to mix the stuff and would like to load the sequences into a single project (for faster switching between the songs, taking advantage of V- Racks, ...)

I created a new DP 4.6 file. So I load the sequences into the new project. DP loads them ('copy Audio Data...'). Strange thing is: I can't select them in the sequences- mini- menu (greyed out) When I play- enable them in the chunks- window and hit play, DP crashes. I've tried loading 'data' or 'link' -no difference.

The problem might be that the files are 4.5 files. So I opened them in 4.6 (no problem) and saved them again. No difference.

Setup: G4 1,25, OS 10.4, 24 i/o
Studio Setup: G4 1.25, 24 i/o 10.4, Analog Console
Live Setup: PB 12", 867
Tim

Re: Can't load chunks

Post by Tim »

I wonder if making a *clipping of each chunk, then dragging them into the chunks window of the new sequence would work.

*In the Chunks window, grab a chunk icon on the left and drag it to the desktop (or wherever) to make a clipping.

Or, what if you make the new sequence file with all of the chunks in 4.5, then open that in 4.6.

<small>[ August 02, 2005, 05:59 AM: Message edited by: Tim ]</small>
schwarz

Post by schwarz »

The Tiger Upgrade "removed" the "ignore users on this volume" -checkbox on my audio- volume. Took me a while to realize that, but problems solved now.

Other short question: Can I edit a linked chunk? Manual neither says yes or no... for me it seems as I can't. If so, what would be the way to load a chunk without copying all the audio- files?

Thanks