Audio Glitches

Moderator: James Steele

Ned Bouhalassa
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Audio Glitches

Post by Ned Bouhalassa »

Hi there,

I'm getting audio glitches/drop-outs during playback when I use Ethno along other softsynth/samplers in Logic Pro. I've tried moving the .dat file onto two different hard drives, reducing/increasing polyphony, streaming (with various settings), non-streaming, makes no difference. I did a test using only RMX (2 parts only), Trilogy (simple bass line) and Ethno (1 simple Balafon 3 line), and I get glitches when I click on any other track, when I click anywhere actually during playback, and during playback in general. All I have to do is disable (greyed out) Ethno, and all is well again.

FTR, I use many other combinations of synths/samplers daily and have not experienced this before, except when the cpu is being taxed to the limit (something I usually only achieve with Reaktor...).

Suggestions?

Ethno 1.0.1
Logic Pro 7.2.1
OS 10.4.8
Dual 2Ghz G5 w/ 4Gb ram
Ned Bouhalassa

Post by Ned Bouhalassa »

For anyone else who might run into this problem, I called tech support and was told to increase Logic's audio buffer to 1024. That did the trick! :D
corbo-billy

Post by corbo-billy »

Hello _

Have you tried to put the files of ETHNO Bank on the starting-disk?

I have make this and no problems of this kind _
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7 & Kontakt 7.6. _ Fireface800 X 2 _ FilterBank2 Sherman & Gibson Explorer Pro _ MIDI Express XT _ Virus C Desktop _ Adrenalinn III & Voyager Moog _ SpeakerPhone 2 _ PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Tempest _ D.P. 11.22 _