Film Composers Competition

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
sndhse
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Film Composers Competition

Post by sndhse »

Saw this and thought I would pass it on, for anyone young enough (18-35) (19-35 in Canada) and or not under contract. Unfortunately I'm a little to old,':(' but fortunately I'm under contract':D'
http://www.turnerclassicmovies-yfcc.com/

Enjoy and Goodluck
John
G5 Quad 6.5GB ram/2408MKIII/MTPAV/Mackie d8b
DP 6.01/OS 10.4.11
B4, Kontakt 2, Absynth 3, Stylus RMX, Ivory 1.5, Addictive Drums, Sampletank 2, Ivory, East west Gold/XP, East West Symphonic Choirs, Reason 2.5, Waves Platinum, Altiverb, Vst Wrapper etc...
emulatorloo

Post by emulatorloo »

I really love the idea of this competition.

I really hate that I am toooooooo old for Turner Classic Movies.

Wonder why they don't have a Middle Aged Fat Ass Scoring Competition?

--

Damn I hope a unicornationer enters and wins!

--
iMAS

Post by iMAS »

emulatorloo wrote: Wonder why they don't have a Middle Aged Fat Ass Scoring Competition?
The combination of looking at your avatar and your comment here gave me a good chuckle. :lol:
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

emulatorloo wrote: Wonder why they don't have a Middle Aged Fat Ass Scoring Competition?

----
They do. It is called Los Angeles... and the prizes are a lot bigger!
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

Remember when I said you'd be a vital addition to any dinner-party, Mike?
I hadn't figured on how everyone would keep their food down, given your brilliant spontaneous outbursts. :?

Best serve crap, methinks; the humour will provide sufficient flavour. :D

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
MIDI Life Crisis

monkey man wrote:Best serve crap, methinks; the humour will provide sufficient flavour. :D
Not my style, man. First class or nothing, so you might want to stay with your sheep.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
emulatorloo

Post by emulatorloo »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:They do. It is called Los Angeles... and the prizes are a lot bigger!
LOL - a screenwriter/TV producer friend told me in the early 90's that fat and/or middle-age people don't get work in Hollywood. Glad to hear it has changed!

---
Dwetmaster

Post by Dwetmaster »

emulatorloo wrote:Damn I hope a unicornationer enters and wins!
I would have entered but Canadians from my province (Quebec) are not allowed :evil:

Contest open to all legal residents of the 50 U.S. & D.C., the United Kingdom, France, Spain, and Canada (excluding residents of Quebec)
MacPro 8Core 2.8GHZ 16GB RAM OSX10.8.3
MacBook Pro 17" Unibody 2011 OSX10.8.3
896mk3, BLA Modded 896HD, BLA Microclock, MTP-AV, Yamaha KX-8, CME VX-7 Mackie Ctrl, megadrum, Presonus C-S,
DP8.04, Bidule, M5 3, Ethno 2, BPM 1.5 Kontakt4, BFD2, SD2, Omnisphere, Wave Arts P-S5, Altiverb7, PSP VW & OldTimer, VB3, Ivory 2 Grand, True Pianos, Ozone 5, Reason 4, AmpliTube3, Bla bla bla...
A few El & Ac basses & Guitars, Hammond A-100.
sndhse

Post by sndhse »

LOL - a screenwriter/TV producer friend told me in the early 90's that fat and/or middle-age people don't get work in Hollywood. Glad to hear it has changed!
It maybe time to pull out that bottle "OIL OF OLAY"':D'
I would have entered but Canadians from my province (Quebec) are not allowed
I wonder what there reasoning for that is? I have a lot of family in Quebec. Love Quebec.

John
G5 Quad 6.5GB ram/2408MKIII/MTPAV/Mackie d8b
DP 6.01/OS 10.4.11
B4, Kontakt 2, Absynth 3, Stylus RMX, Ivory 1.5, Addictive Drums, Sampletank 2, Ivory, East west Gold/XP, East West Symphonic Choirs, Reason 2.5, Waves Platinum, Altiverb, Vst Wrapper etc...
MIDI Life Crisis

emulatorloo wrote:LOL - a screenwriter/TV producer friend told me in the early 90's that fat and/or middle-age people don't get work in Hollywood. Glad to hear it has changed!

---
Let's see... middle aged... John Williams, Howard Shore, Alan Silvestri, Thomas and the other Newmans, Danny Elfman...

Hmmm... overweight and middle aged... Peter Jackson, Rosanne, John Goodman, Paul Beauregard (last years Oscar Best Song...)

Don't think any of those kids are hurting for work...

I am fortunate in that I have played pre-show entertainment (solo piano) at the Oscar's Nominee Luncheon for the past few years and will refrain from the temptation to tell y'all who I get to lunch with. And while most are slim and trim, many, MANY are middle aged and a bit rounder in the middle.

Now on screen, that is a different story. But for all the hype and stories, often it is talent that counts in pre and post.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
emulatorloo

Post by emulatorloo »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:But for all the hype and stories, often it is talent that counts in pre and post.
As it should be -- thanks!
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:...But for all the hype and stories, often it is talent that counts in pre and post.
Yay! There's hope for us all. :D
MIDI Life Crisis wrote:
monkey man wrote:Best serve crap, methinks; the humour will provide sufficient flavour. :D
Not my style, man. First class or nothing, so you might want to stay with your sheep.
OK, so there's no hope. :shock:
I'm on the first plane back to Sheepsville, Apestailia. :cry:

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here