Whats the best way to post my music?

Share music created in Digital Performer
Forum rules
This forum is where you can post links to sound files of your projects created in Digital Performer in order to get feedback. You may also plug your band and announce live performances.
medicmatt
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Whats the best way to post my music?

Post by medicmatt »

Howdy,

I've been working on a bunch of things and would love to get some feedback by much more skilled ears... so, what's the best way to post it? I guess, I'm also looking for a way for friends to download from. What's the best or easiest? How tough is it to get a website and put it on that?

Thanks.
iMac Intel Duo 2 Core processor, 1 MB RAM, MOTU Ultralight, Digital Performer 5.11, Drumcore, Ivory, Roland XP-80, ART SLA-1 amp, Yorkville SLM-1 Nearfield Monitors... more toys to come.
daniel.sneed
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by daniel.sneed »

Depends on your provider's offer.

Mine (free.fr) gives 1Go web space to each customer.
It offers all basic and effective tools for uploading.
But I prefer to use the powerfull fileZilla software instead.

I bounce do disk a "high definition mp3" (all things are relatives, say low speed LAME incoding, 192Kbits/s), and upload it.
Then I just write down a link on email and send it to musicians I'm working with.
Just for exemple :
http://daniel.sneed.free.fr/gerard/dentiste_mix.mp3
They just click this link on my email, wait some time depending on their own access-speed (say 3 minutes in case high speed access, or 30 minutes in case low speed access) and listen to my track.
They can even download it if necessary.

Very easy to get thru IMHO.
dAn Shakin' all over! :unicorn:
DP11.31, OS12.7.4, MacBookPro-i7-3.1Ghz-16GoRam-1ToSSD
Falcon, Kontakt, Ozone, RX, Unisum & Michelangelo, LX480
Waldorf Iridium & STVC & Blofeld, Kemper Profiler Stage, EWIusb, Studiologic VMK, ControlPad
JBL4326+4312sub, Behringer X32rack
Many mics, mandolins, banjos, guitars, flutes, melodions, xylos, kalimbas...