Clocking two HD192's from a Mini-me?

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
T-rex
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Clocking two HD192's from a Mini-me?

Post by T-rex »

Hey all, this is a total newb question as I don't currently have any Motu hardware and I couldn't locate the manuals on the site.

I use a mini-me currently to clock my delta 1010 soundcards via Spdf. I would like to get two HD192's in the future. I know I can clock one HD192 via AES output from the mini-me. My question is, can I run AES out from the first HD192 to a second HD192 - thereby clocking them both to the mini-me. Or even wordclock from the first to the second.

Basically the mini-me can only be a master. I would like to go with HD192s and keep the mini-me if possible, but if not I may look at other options.

Any advice would be great!
thanks,
T-rex
We use a PC. We have lots of programs that make binary code sound very much like Rock N Roll.
Normandyrocks

Post by Normandyrocks »

I just got an HD192. installing it today!! What I have read is that you only need to clock one device. everything else can derive its clock though the MOTU system that is sourced from that master device. I assume you are selecting the clock source for the whole system in the 424 system control panel.
I have yet to test this myself, but it make sense ;)
T-rex

Post by T-rex »

Thanks alot! That's what I figured but I was hoping for some validation before I went with Motu. I am currently clocking two Delta 1010lt's the same way and wanting to step up to soem better conversion.

Thanks!
T-rex
We use a PC. We have lots of programs that make binary code sound very much like Rock N Roll.
GTBannah
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by GTBannah »

Hi,
I have a similar question. I want to get a "Traveller" and later add a HD192. Will they play well together?
Derrkins
If you can hear it, play it!
GTBannah
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by GTBannah »

Bump!
Derrkins
If you can hear it, play it!