Another Peter Gabriel Remix of "Shock the Monkey"

Share music created in Digital Performer
Forum rules
This forum is where you can post links to sound files of your projects created in Digital Performer in order to get feedback. You may also plug your band and announce live performances.
MarkM13
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Another Peter Gabriel Remix of "Shock the Monkey"

Post by MarkM13 »

I had been using DP for a while as a MIDI sequencer. Running it both live and in the studio. I stumbled across the "Shock the Monkey" audio files at "Realworld Remixed.com" and had one hell of a good time really diving into DP 4.6 One heck of a deep aplication. I ended up picking up the "Cool School Interactive" instructional DVD for DP to help fill in some of the gaps in my knowledge. It was $40 very well spent.

The final version of the remix can be found here:

http://www.realworldremixed.com/remix.p ... Gg8ZtQQCmE

While I'm pleased with the overall sound, it still sounds to me like it needs some fixes in the mastering. I used some of DPs plug-ins on the master out, but it still seems to lack some depth that a real stereo imager could provide. If anyone has any production/ mastering suggestions please leave them here. I welcome constructive criticism.

I've been thinking of investing in the iZotope Ozone 3 Mastering System suite. Wondering if anyone has used it?

Thanks,
Mark
Last edited by MarkM13 on Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
chrispick
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Another Peter Gabriel Remix of "Shock the Monkey&qu

Post by chrispick »

MarkM13 wrote:I've been thinking of investing in the iZotope Ozone 3 Mastering System suite. Wondering if anyone has used it?
I've used it. I recommend it as a step up from DP's native mastering plugins.