Hey James - The ads are not bad at all

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
HCMarkus
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by HCMarkus »

James, you are still styin' in San Diego. The site is priceles, and the little ads are just fine with me.
Thank you for your ongoing efforts. Maybe I'll see you 'round town some day. HCM
HC Markus
M1 Mac Studio Ultra • 64GB RAM • 828es • macOS 13.6.4 • DP 11.31
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

James Steele wrote:BTW, (and this is not directed just at you Frodo), if anyone recently did give a donation in the last few days not realizing I would start advertising so soon and would like to me to refund their donation via PayPal I will be happy to do so as it's only fair. Just email me or send me a PM with the email address associated with your PayPal account and I'll take care of it soon as I can.

So far these ads are "low-impact" in their appearance... and I waiting for the final verdict, but it looks like this will keep UnicorNation out of the red and guarantee it's here for Digital Performer 6.0 and beyond!
Folks are probably sick of hearing me say it, but there's so much more to James than meets the eye.
Way to go, Jimbo.
PS: I'm not offering you a way to go, BTW; we all hope you never do!
Nicky

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
gregwhartley

Post by gregwhartley »

I honestly didn't even notice the ads until I saw this topic! Not bad at all. Mad props to you and your respectable character James.

Greg
"We are all disgusting, doomed to our dirty little tasks. Eating and farting and scratching and smiling and celebrating holidays." -Bukowski
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

gregwhartley wrote:I honestly didn't even notice the ads until I saw this topic!
Greg
Proof of the insidious nature of all ads.
Even good ones. :lol:

RCory

Post by RCory »

James Steele wrote:Well it's not like MOTU pays for this site... but I'm a MOTU "fan" (I've been called worse I guess)
Hey James, don't you still get that annual fruit basket from MOTU during the holidays??

:lol:
porieux

Post by porieux »

Another vote in favor of the ads...very tastefully done.
Tritonemusic

Post by Tritonemusic »

Shooshie wrote:I tested to see if it picked up on "sex" to see what kind of raunch might appear when we're least expecting it...[snip]...I actually did a whole page of the word "sex" repeated hundreds of times
Shooshie, I'm sorry...that just sounds so damned funny to me. :lol:
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

RCory wrote:
James Steele wrote:Well it's not like MOTU pays for this site... but I'm a MOTU "fan" (I've been called worse I guess)
Hey James, don't you still get that annual fruit basket from MOTU during the holidays??

:lol:
Hehehe... nope. No fruit basket... lol. I vaguely recall somebody said that once didn't they? Oh well... so shoot me... I like Digital Performer a lot.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

666 wrote:
Shooshie wrote:I tested to see if it picked up on "sex" to see what kind of raunch might appear when we're least expecting it...[snip]...I actually did a whole page of the word "sex" repeated hundreds of times
Shooshie, I'm sorry...that just sounds so damned funny to me. :lol:

Good! Somebody finally laughed! :D That was a multi-level post, but I think either others didn't find it comical, or else were afraid they'd offend me by laughing! Oh well... I get my little kicks... ;)

Fun with contextual ads. Contextual sex! But the ads don't seem to do that anymore as they did in the early days of Google's contextual ads. I've seen some pretty bizarre matchups in those things. I can't remember the context now, but one batch included sex toys and mortuary supplies ads mixed together. Yechhh! Only artificial intelligence can do that.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

Hey, Shoosh

Silly me; I assumed you were using the ol' advertising trick of, well, mentioning the word to attract attention.
Amazingly, it even worked on this decade-and-a-half celibate ape!
Shooshie wrote:Yeah, they're not a problem. See my other post--I tested to see if it picked up on "sex" to see what kind of raunch might appear when we're least expecting it, but nothing! It stayed in the technical realm. I actually did a whole page of the word "sex" repeated hundreds of times, but it did not pick up on it at all. (then I deleted it, of course)
I don't think it's going to be a problem.
Shooshie
Until Svetlana gets wind of it. :D
MM

jlaudon

Post by jlaudon »

I couldn't find the ads the first time I looked (just being text, they don't stick out, and I'm half blind from all those tiny fonts in the tracks window and Machfive... :shock:)
MacBook Pro 2021 (M1 Ultra) with 64 gigs RAM. DP 11.23