UltraLite reported stolen??

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
IraBob
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

UltraLite reported stolen??

Post by IraBob »

Hi,
I bought an UltraLite on eBay and received it today. It came with no carton, documentation or power supply. The eBay seller is a "Tempe Loan Co."

I want to verify that the unit I bought was not reported stolen, and I don't know how to do this. Of course, I'm hoping that everything is alright with the sale and the unit is legit.

The serial number of the unit is UL00004603.

If anyone can point me in the right direction so that I can be sure I haven't received stolen property, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Ira Seigel
eixb

Post by eixb »

that seller has over 5000 feedback - i doubt he's hawking stolen goods. looks like a pawn shop selling off unclaimed merchandise.

pawn shops are required to document and verify all purchases to ensure they are not receiving stolen goods. the burden is on them, not you.
baanes
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by baanes »

If you're concerned, see if you have trouble registering it. If it's already registered, contact MOTU and see what they say.

I would second what eixb has to say.
IraBob

Post by IraBob »

Thanks guys.
The unit was inoperative - either with power supply or via the FW bus - so I sent it back.

Regards,
Ira