VST and DXi problem with MSI

Discussion of all things related to the MOTU Symphonic Instrument.

Moderator: James Steele

jaro
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

VST and DXi problem with MSI

Post by jaro »

I just reinstalled MSI on the computer it was previously installed on (then uninstalled). I can use only the standalone version now. My VST hosts (Sonar 4 and Overture 4) find the dll file (it's in the VST Plugins folder with all the other plugins) but both the Cakewalk VST adapter and Overture's VST manager freeze as soon as they come across it. It's the same with the DXi version when I try to open it from within Sonar (it freezes and I have to CTRL + DEL it). The stand-alone version of MSI works fine. I have MSI 1.1.2 and the most recent iLok driver. The guy at the MOTU tech support couldn't help me. I spent the whole day today trying to fix it - uninstalled and reinstalled MSI several times and nothing!
Please help.
Jaro
pberling
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: VST and DXi problem with MSI

Post by pberling »

jaro wrote:I just reinstalled MSI on the computer it was previously installed on (then uninstalled). I can use only the standalone version now. My VST hosts (Sonar 4 and Overture 4) find the dll file (it's in the VST Plugins folder with all the other plugins) but both the Cakewalk VST adapter and Overture's VST manager freeze as soon as they come across it. It's the same with the DXi version when I try to open it from within Sonar (it freezes and I have to CTRL + DEL it). The stand-alone version of MSI works fine. I have MSI 1.1.2 and the most recent iLok driver. The guy at the MOTU tech support couldn't help me. I spent the whole day today trying to fix it - uninstalled and reinstalled MSI several times and nothing!
Please help.
Jaro
I just bought 1.1.2 last weekend and have tried all week (with Cakewalk support) to get Sonar LE to see it. Like you the VST adapter finds the MSI.dll & DXi.dll files but the final page shows nothing. Weird thing is that if I run it a few times with error message sometimes and successful install message other times. However it never shows up in Sonar!
Still no luck.

One thing Cakewalk support mentioned:
Make sure that you are installing the VST version of the MOTU plugin and not the DXi version. Also, install it to a folder directly under the root
drive like C:/VSTs and set the adapter to re-scan that folder.